Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Treat bike ride -

I had a real treat this morning. Although my hubby invited me to go for my bike ride at 5:00am - I declined. Very grumpily, I declined. What was he thinking? At least let me know in advance and then I can forgo the sleeping all together so I'll be up that early! Geezzz......
I will say though, that our daughter Shannon has enrolled in two activities this summer AND one begins as 6:00am, SO I do have to get her up at 5:20'ish' so she can catch her car pool to Mesa High, therefore I AM up at 5:20. Up, not awake, there is a difference. And those extra 20 minutes of sleep are heavenly. But my treat today was actually another offer from a friend to go bike riding with me. Judy, I'll call her my 'Hawaiian Friend', talked to me on Sunday and suggested we go together since I have been on 'friendless' walks/rides (Vayla!), for a few years now. I told her I'd call her when I was ready to go. But Monday I got kinda nervous about calling her. Had she been totally serious about going early - or was it just friendly Visiting Teaching conversation out in the hallway of the chapel? She is busier then most everyone else I've met, so I didn't go yesterday, because of my nervousness. I'm sure I lost weight just sitting here, jittering, wondering if she really wanted to go. Today, I braved it and called. I wanted to go early but didn't get up the nerve to call until 8:15am. "Yeah! Let's go!" she said, so off we went.
She was on this darling cruiser bike
and rode the whole 3 miles with 'nar a lost breath! I did have my camera with me, but felt I needed to let the first ride go without incident. HOWEVER, I did search some of my photo's and found a few of my Hawaiian Friend - with spouse - and here they are.
A stunning view on the road to Hana - Dinner at the Pier - A usual site at our rental.


The church house in Oahu - Near the blow-hole on Maui and Iao Needle battlefield on Maui.
And for some reason I love this one best: Her bubble-gum contest bubble!

Great one Judy, Aloha!!

No comments: