Monday, June 14, 2010

Mondays Fun..

Today I swallowed a bug. Yuck. Yuck, yuck, yuck. I wonder how long they stay alive going down your esophagus. I'm usually pretty good about keeping my mouth closed, but today I was singing out loud to my music as I rode down the canal road. There weren't too many people out at 5:45am and so I felt safe singing. Anne Murray, the Carpenters, Mandy Moore and others. My ride ended up being 4.33 miles and I'm finding that when I go the canal way I find interesting stuff. Okay, a spoon last week wasn't' interesting, but different and unusually for sure. So, here's today's find, two of them: First a bucket...
and it's ride home:

I put the first picture in just so you know that I DO NOT pick up from any one's personal property. My previous finds, the spoons, also were NOT found on any one's private homeland. I kinda like how the bucket looks on my bike. Maybe I should retire my little handbag.....I think the bucket could hold more. Next was this:

At first I thought, oh, what a cute little canteen. Looking closer it almost looks like a portable 'loo'. So this little fella didn't make it into my purse or bucket. It is staying where I found it. Sad really. Also another thing I decided not to bring into my home was this:

An oven mitt. Well, I'm off. Today is laundry day. I like laundry day. I also have to take Katie into Urgent Care. Last, last Friday, the 4th, she was out late playing sand volleyball - shocker - and chased down a ball that had gone out of bounds and stepped on something that stung or bit the bottom of her foot. She of course pulled out the stinger or whatever it was and continued to play. She showed us later and it was slightly red, but not swollen or feverish, so we let it be. Well, now, for the past 10 days it has slowly worked into a red, swollen, itchy, kinda painful lump in the arch of her foot. Doug and I had gone to Snowflake on Saturday for a funeral and so I asked Doctor Uncle Alan what he thought and he kind of gave me the 'what are you thinking - doing nothing for this poor child' look. So off to Urgent Care we go. I don't want a death stare from him again. And we'll take Shannon in for a sports physical as well. Might as well make the trip really well worth it. If we are going to have to cut off Katie's foot (that's the look (feeling) I got from Alan's stare) we have to have Shannon in good physical condition to carry on the volleyball playing. Right?
Oh, and it looks like Carolyn's family can start moving into their home this afternoon!! Yes, we will miss them. I know they don't believe it, but it has been fun. So, that's my day. I might try to squeeze in a run to Costco. I LOVE Costco. How much can I spend today?

1 comment:

DeWitts said...

Good luck with the move everyone!