Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Let me sleep......

For those of you who need visual aids, I don't have any in today's blog. You might want to get up now and find yourself something to eat, like a crunchy snack. Or just Bring a whole meal over as you read this. This could take a while.
Well, wow. It is already Wednesday and today I am looking forward to sitting here in my computer chair, which is usually NOT my favorite because it's not very comfortable, but today I want to be off my feet. YEAH!!!! We have officially moved out 6 people in less than one week. Carolyn and family were moved (mostly) into their home on Thursday, with a few more trips later and they then still slept here (in the RV) until Saturday night. And being that they had no shower facilities to use - Carolyn showed up here on Sunday morning to shower before church. (Their master bedroom shower is one of those glass enclosed kind but unfortunately the owner never finished the 'project' and so it is just an open stall. The second upstairs bathroom didn't have a shower curtain anywhere to be found. And yeah, girls need a curtain.
As previously mentioned, Jason became a home owner on Friday. We knew that we would be painting all day Saturday and we did. It took 7 full hours with 4, sometimes 5, adults painting all day long with a lunch break with everyone at Burrito Express. (Wow, a visual!) Brian and Celynda were in town for Father's Day and being that we couldn't hang out with them, they decided to come and see Jason's house before going to the restaurant. Thank you Jeff you were a big help and we are sure you would have rather been at your new home helping Carolyn with things that needed to be done there. The 'sometimes 5' person I was referring to above was Jason. He had a few visitors that stopped by to admire the house and he can NOT talk and work at the same time. He had to give tours you know. (I will say though, that the 'sometimes #5 (Jason) went back over on Sunday and did a LOT of work that had to be done: cleaning, attaching bedroom lights, adding a new ceiling fan, new white outlets and covers replaced, etc). We, Doug and I, looked forward to Sunday: Quiet, Serene, Peaceful, Calm, No Work, No Meetings (Fathers Day schedule), Nap Day. Etc. Well, we had some surprise visitors! Ed and Gayle, Doug's sister, who live in the colonies in Mexico came to visit. They had been to Utah and were on their way home, but when they found out about our FHE the next night they decided to stay around. Oh, and they had Grandpa DeWitt with them too. It was so fun. We love these two tons and tons and especially love to vacation with them! Cabo San Lucas, here we come - or should it be Alaska? Someday. We look forward to that someday. Okay, so we didn't get to rest that day. Now it's Monday. Since Jason's home was getting new carpet laid on Tuesday we knew that we wouldn't have to move him until sometime later Tuesday. I thought, oh my, another chance for a quiet day. Nope. We have a DeWitt Family Home Evening once a month and it was supposed to be at Julie and Ken's house but she called early and said her whole family was sick and that they needed to move it to here. Dang it. Did I tell you that I haven't done a thing here for a while? Yeah, laundry is stacked high, dishes in the sink, floors disgusting, things laying here and there from moving C & J family out, etc. So, I warned all my kids living here (ha ha, Celynda and Brian had spent the night here and so they unfortunately got caught as the cleaning crew too) that we would do a deep cleaning on the top floor of the house when we all finished our morning events. Doug and I had to attend a funeral, where he sang, and they, the rest of the family, had planned on seeing
(There, I added another visual aid) - with all the kids. We all knew that as soon as we gathered together again we would be working and working hard. Not only inside the home - but outside by the pool too. I was exhausted by the time people started getting here and wanted to go to bed at 8:30 pm !! However, we waited for Carolyn to go home, get her kids in bed and then return so we could watch the together. (oh, another visual). It's tradition. I'm crazy tired now. THEN, Jason needed me to be at his home Tuesday morning at 7:30am and just wait, you know the 3-hour window time slot they give you, for the City of Mesa worker to come and turn on his gas/water/electricity. AND THEN then, the carpet guys were going to show up around 2:30 so I needed to be back to his house. In between that time I ran to Tuesday Morning and bought him some towels and sheets, shower curtains (so he wouldn't have an excuse to come home) and I also went to Goodwill to look for pots and pans where I had success and found 4! Two of them are Pampered Chef pans. I found the 2 smaller ones! A real find! (4 visuals!!) All four had glass lids and really look like a matched set. Jason is now officially set-up. Don't come back. Just kidding.
***The one thing I have regretted this whole time is that I did NOT take before pictures of Jason's home! It is quite an improvement from what he started with and I wish I could have remembered to do it.
Tuesday evening we loaded up the trailer with all of Jason's things, along with his work van and my suburban and off we went. It is about 7 miles to his home and by the time we got him unloaded, set up a little in the front room and bedroom we returned here at 10:48pm. We were so-o tired. I don't want to see another couch, dresser, TV, box or anything that resembles moving for at least 6 months. Except a TV already hooked up to cable with a chair or bed in front of it.
Today, Wednesday, Carolyn and Jeff left on a trip to Hawaii and we have the boys here with us again until Saturday evening, when Jeff's mom will come and pick them up for the next 4 days. The boys probably feel like they are homeless or something.
Sorry this is so long, but it's what has happened the past few days. Now this chair is reminding me that it's not too comfortable after all so I will let you all go. Jill, we are anxious to see you two. Have fun with C & J until we get there! Then we just want to bum on the beach! Off.
Okay, so I added a couple of visuals towards the end - I was afraid you would be nodding off. Really off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are one busy mama! I hope you have fun in Hawaii. You are so full of energy....lend me some....LOL Take care