Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Moving Day?......nope

Even though we thought we would be helping Carolyn move in yesterday, it didn't happen. They met with the old owners and did a walk-thru and noticed quite a few 'nail-hole' spackled spots that would need to be touched up with paint. And not just spackled spots but a large new drywall area too. Jeff had his Dad's help in the afternoon so they decided to at least move the washer/dryer, fridge and couch along with some boxes that would remain in the garage until we touched up the paint. Well, the paint that the people left, we believing it was the one on the wall, turned out to be a different finish. We didn't realize that problem until we had come back to the first area we retouched and noticed it. It was terrible! Now, we had to decide what to do and after a lot of discussion Carolyn went and purchased the same color of paint in a finish that was kid-friendly meaning we would now have to paint nearly every room. The upstairs was finished last night with the help of my girls. We missed you Jill!
Where's Allan you say? Oh, he was busy too, he had the boys:
These cute guys.
Today we will finish the downstairs rooms, but we'll have to wait until Doug gets off of work to use his extension ladder. (The living room has a vaulted ceiling to the second floor walkway - the highest point being about 15+ feet high). So, sadly, they won't be able to really move in until Thursday or Friday, which is only 6 days until they leave on a week long vacation! I don't think I'll be going on my bike ride today. Oh, and do any of you out there know anything about Potato Bugs? We are infested with them in our garden!! We went out late last night to pick some tomatoes and felt like we were in a movie, a scary movie, where potato bugs are every where, growing larger and will probably start to eat humans because the garden will be gone soon. It truly was gross. Here is what we found in the dark that we dared to pick......

We actually picked three carrots that the boys quickly ate.

An update on KT's foot condition. After paying $75 !!!!!!.......we were told it was an allergic reaction to what ever bit her. Yeah, we knew that - what do we do with it?????? Oh, take some benydryl to help with the itching and ibuprofen to help with any uncomfortableness. Um, okay, mice diagnosis doctor. I guess he felt I was a little unhappy and so he gave us a prescription for something: I've forgotten what it is. I better fill it today though. Here's a few photos of Katie:
She can't stop itching!!!

1 comment:

The Gardner Gang said...

Did you see how fast my arm was moving in the picture of me?
I feel seven years old again.
"Hey Mom! Look at this! Watch me! See how fast I paint? See Mom? See? I could do this whole room in ten minutes!"

Carolyn