Saturday, June 12, 2010

Late, but worth it....

As most of you know, I don't usually ride my bike on Thursdays because of my 'other' exercise/shopping activity. However, I did not set one foot in Goodwill this past Thursday. This day was to be set aside to help Jason begin painting his new home. Sadly, it did not close and so we, Carolyn, Jason and I, just drove by his home-to-be, snuck inside (shhhh...) to help him decide the colors that we (he) wants for sure. It's really like Carolyn and I are hosting our own tv special 'DeWitt DeCor'. "Ohh, Jas, look at this color or this one....now if you can remember about your carpet we could pick the color for your family room, but then make sure that it is going to look good against your kitchen color." "What did you say about your tiles?" "Would you like a greenish tint of paint in your bathroom or more of a bluish tint?" "The lights in here are horrid!" "What you really need is some drop down spot-lights." "How about your bedroom, are you putting up a fan?" - Okay, do you all have the idea? Anyway, we were bummed that it didn't close and so I made them come to Deseret Industries with me. That place always cheers me up!! Away we went. He started slow, but soon got the hang of picking stuff out. First a set of glassware...then plates, soon a knife block with some knives, a great coffee table, silverware drawer organizer, and more.....but what really excited us, (mostly Carolyn and me), was this great set of end tables. I don't even think he noticed them until I shouted at him, "Look at those!" "Uh, yeah, boy sure do like those", he replied. Nice fake Jason. I soon found out that he was really studying this shelf-like thing sitting next to them! Carolyn was sadly mad. Yep. So, if Jason can't find a place for them in his new home, Carolyn has second dibs on them. I'll send pictures of them later. The are too die for. Right now they have been wedged into my garage. And if you missed it, check back on my last blog to see my garage in video. He bought a car load of things for under $100! Good eye Jason. I spent a measly $12. My purchases aren't even worth listing. Off.

No comments: