Tuesday, June 29, 2010

So far Tuesday, Hawaii.

Today, we have claimed this day as Food Day Tuesday. Here in Laie there is the Hukilau Cafe.
If any of you have seen the movie 50 First Dates, that is the cafe that he, Henry (Adam Sandler) first meets her, Lucy (Drew Barrymore) in. Yeah, in the movie, it is somewhere in a beautiful remote spot. In real life it is here on a residental corner lot. Not quite as charming or as big as the one in the movie, however the staff here was nice. Kudos to them. They probably get alot of 'tourists' visiting their cafe just for the fun of it. Here are some pictures I took at the cafe:



Everything there was served on paper plates, which I thought was funny, but we also visited another hamburger place later and they too served all their food on paper plates. We are probably going back for lunch. Also, we had thought about the luau at the PCC, but have decide against it due to the $$$$$ and we are just going to find a nicer restaurant to eat at. (Not McD's or Taco Bell, or Subway) These are the eateries that are closest to Jills house. So, naptime right now. The reason for naptime in the middle of the day is this: Roosters. They run wild here and every morning BEFORE the sun even peaks up over the ocean, they are there, cockadoodle-dooing, for 2 hours straight! It drove me nuts! Jill says I'll get used to it, but I haven't yet. Doug got up early today with Jeff, Jill and Jonathan and went snorkling again. They went back to the same spot, called Sharks Cove and said it was great. Later we headed to the cafe again for lunch and had at least 15 minutes before it closed when we got there, but they said too bad, we are closed come back tomorrow - we asked if we could just have take out and they said NO our cooks have all left. I take back my kudos to them. We weren't sure we believed them, but we drove back around to the north shore and ate at this place.

The hamburgers there where HUGE. Jeff nor Jason could finish theirs. Crazy good though.
Again here is how we traveled.

After that some of us went golfing. I had never golfed before, but I thought it sounded fun and I didn't want to go to the beach - so we, Jonathan, Jason, Jeff and I found an inexpensive 9 hole golf course. The others ended up going to the beach to snorkle (Doug) or just laze around (Jill and Carolyn). On the first hole I won! and then it was all down hill from there. I had these sticky, nasty golf clubs, but couldn't change after I started because I would get it on the other peoples clubs. It wouldn't wipe off. Everytime I would find some sand, and NO not always in the sandtraps, I would try and un-sticky my hands, but it didn't matter because each club was the same. Here's a few pictures of that.




Also, the view was spectacular. Right next to the beach on most of the holes. I just want to say, that my opponents had several balls with them and if they didn't like their first tee-0ff, they would just start again. I think that is called cheating. I used two balls through-out the whole 9 holes, only losing one because it was too dark (my sticky blackness got on the ball each time I picked it up) so I never found it in the bush that I hit it into. But it was fun, however I don't think I'll be coming a fan of the golf station any time soon.
It didn't really turn out to be too much of a Food Day Tuesday. I can't even remember where we went for dinner that night. Oh, well, it sounded fun when we made it up.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Mostly accurate this time. The one major error is the fact that you accused me of hitting more than one tee shot. There was only one hole where I hit two tee shots and that was on a hole that I hit my ball out of bounds and I recorded the necessary penalty. Therefore I did not cheat and expect a retraction from the original blog post.