Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I called their home at 7:15 - 4 rings - no answer - I hung up. Maybe she was still sleeping or in the 'loo'. I didn't know and I don't want to know, but I needed my ride to be early, so I left. I went 3.45 miles today. Nothing exciting to tell about. I did find this: another stray.....luckily I know this one WASN'T used for drugs (as was possible for the other spoon I found) because of its basic material.

It's comfy ride home..... It had to sit in my bike bag with my camera and ipod and chapstick. It can get squishy in there.
Yes, I really FOUND this,

I'll spray paint and put a tiny flower in it.Just like this.

A good scrubbing for both of them.

Also, today I finished this project.

The candle holder I got at Goodwill. I can not tell you that it was a $1 purchase for sure because I bought it a very long time ago. But I'm sure I would have only bought it at 1/2 off day. Maybe $3 ? The glasses I found at a non-name thrift store. I can't tell you it's name, but I could drive you there. There was a set of 3 with these 'leafy' designs etched on them:
Two others were the same height and had the word 'congratulations' on them. I forgot to take a close-up of them. The last glass I hunted and hunted for. It had to have just the right size bottom. As you can see they needed to be pretty slender to fit into this thing. I found one, but sadly, it is shorter, so I ended up putting the 'e' letter on it and it looks okay to me.

I 'MOD PODGE'd the scrapbook paper on them, then the letters! The paper I found was this: I had to cut off the cute street design, but I loved the lined part.
Luckily it was on the sale rack at Scrapbooks, Etc. for .49 cents each.

And wah-la! I've been working on it for a couple of days only because I couldn't decide on what color of background paper I wanted to put on my glasses and then I had to decide about the font! Gee-me-ney!! How do designers do it? Oh, that reminds me, the new Design Star is about to start again this coming Sunday! I love it! And here is it's new home:

I'll have to paint my picture frame now. Cute! As you can see I haven't dug into any of my old curio stuff. I think there are things out in my garage that I had packed away a long time ago and I might want to check whats in those boxes. So, this might not get done until after my garage gets cleaned out. Hmm...2 weeks? Maybe. Video to follow.....

OH, and talking about Design Star.... if you read my Memorial Day saga, you might remember my girls 'dressing room. We left it not quite done - and it's still not- but I did work on the curtains and finish them up.

Now all we need is the curtain rod and cute tacks to attach the side swag with. I thought about using buttons at the bottom of the tab, but decided against it.
I liked this picture though:

Check off my list. Off.


No comments: