Friday, February 26, 2010

Today is my daughters 19th birthday! For breakfast in bed, our family tradition, she choose sausage and waffles. I took a little bit of the batter and colored it blue and when I cooked it, I first added a '1' and a '9' (backwards, of course) and then added regular batter. It turned out cute. And WHY didn't I take a picture of it? I don't know. 6:30am is not my best hour. We did our other tradition also - silly small gifts in regular grocery sacks that they open there that morning. Today Katie got Chips Ahoy, Chapstick (don't worry Trudy, it is NOT my bike riding one), and Chex Mix. Actually, these items were just 'stuff' I had sitting around from last night. I didn't have a chance to shop for usual stuff, like her favorite gum, cereal, mechanical pencils, etc.......(We have been a partying family all week.) We let her open her real gifts this morning because once the day began she wasn't going to be getting any more attention from us. We all have a huge day planned. She got some 'Buckle' pants, a shirt, sweater and then a cute vesty thing from Shannon. Love ya Katie!



I'm off to have our ward party. It should be fun.

No comments: