Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Today, for the first time, I didn't want to go riding. It took me a couple of hours, but I fought through the feeling and donned my coat, sweatpants, earmuff thing-a-magiggy, put on chapstick, found my ipod, my earphones and my camera and set out. The only thing that excited me was thinking of what I could take pictures of today.
You're in for a treat.
The first thing I saw was this:




What is it? Weed control? And why is it heavy in some places and then there are places with none at all? Can I have my lawn sprayed with this stuff? These pictures do it no justice, though, because it is one of the prettiest shades of aquamarine I have seen. Those of you who live nearby, hurry, take a ride down our canal road before the next rainstorm comes and washes it away. It's worth it.
Next was this


I want a treehouse.

And then came this:........Look really hard at the first pictue, do you see them coming. AAHHH... a major riding group. Probably 10-15 riders. As you can see, we all obeyed the 'road rules', each of us riding on our predetermined assigned side of the path. There were a couple of them who, it seems, had to ride right next to their best buddy. Or perhaps they were assigned riding buddies. Just like at gradeschool when you go on a fieldtrip.
"Now Frank, don't go away from the group and be sure that you and Cecil stay right by each other. Your buddies now."
So, they, the buddies, gave me only a small section to squeeze past them. That's what my second picture is.



See. See how they're in pairs? The first two bikers, the 'teachers' of the group are not in pairs. How come? I guess as you get older, you don't have to obey certain rules. But wait. If I remember right, all of the bikers WERE older than the leaders!

No comments: