Thursday, February 11, 2010

I have to admit, I didn't want to ride today. I fought my feelings for a couple of hours and finally decided that I would be mad at myself later if I didn't get out this morning. First of all, I have to fill you in on Allan's success: Yesterday was the Mesa City Track Meet of all 7th and 8th grade students who had qualified to participate. Allan has done pretty well in distance running. Running. It does not exist in my brain at all, it must be a DeWitt side of the family thing. However, Carolyn and Kevin both were great at it and it has been fun to see Allan enjoy it so much. He ran the 1600M, the 800M, and the 4x100M Relay yesterday at the City Meet. He got 2nd in the 1600M running 5.35! That's an improvement of almost 20 seconds. We told him that even though he is fast at Brimhall, the boys that he would be racing at the City Meet were going to be faster and he had to keep that in mind, but also, to still run his 'own' race. Set his own pace and just do the best he could. He was very close to the first place guy, just a few tenths of a second difference. We were all impressed! He was disappointed until he realized he had improved his time by that much. He got 1st place in the 800M, coming at 2.42!! And in the relay the Brimhall team took 2nd place! All in all, it was a great day for Allan! I didn't get any photos of the races (just video) but if you want to see some pictures go to his facebook page. Here are a few fans that came to watch. As you will see, it was COLD!

Katie and Brooke Shannon and Brooke
A good friend of Kevin's, who too is a whiz at long distance running, Spencer, was there!


Treyson. We had to use his 'blankie' as a scarf!!

This is the only picture of Jason that I got. He was the official timer.

Two big hugs for Allan because he did so well.
Griffin and Lukas.

After the event was over we had to go to Brimhall so Al could change and pick up his school work. As Doug and I sat out in the car (8pm'ish), we were next to this tree:

Do you see anything? Middle, right hand side? Maybe if you turn the tree sideways......Yep.......it's a....



How do I see these things?

Okay, now for today's ride.


Yesterday I did not take my camera and I saw something funny. Today, when I left the house, I forgot it again but I turned around to get it so I could shoot this picture:

Now, I see that the 't' needs a little help, but doesn't that say 'VOMIT'? Usually about that time on my ride (close to the 2 mile mark), I feel that way.
I just thought it was interesting enough to share with all of you. My challenge today, again, was walkers. I don't think I've ever encountered this one before though:
A threesome. Yeah, how do you get around that?
So, once again I tried to sing louder and make my tires do swooshing noises. Also, I tried the changing of gears several times before I reached them, but no, nothing fazed them. I get behind them and but my brakes on and luckily they hear that......thank you bike, for having squeaky brakes. My bike is orange. And I have a new padded seat thing. I'm liking my bike more each day. Off.

No comments: