Friday, February 5, 2010

The deed is done. No friends. No pictures. I didn't see ONE single person today. I did however break the 'cardinal' rule of riding on the right side of the 'path'. As I rode down (south) on the canal path, I went to the wrong side. Call me a rebel. I felt a little funny. But as I was riding I thought to myself, "Here I am breaking the rules, riding on the left side of the path and next to the canal. Now, if I mess up lose control of my bike, I will probably be going into the canal. Whereas if I were on the right side I would only go down the steep embankment and into the mudbog. Hmm.. Possible drownage - or - muddy shoes, pants and bike. So, I rode down the middle of the road. Not quite the rebel anymore, but only because of safety issues. I can handle the mud, but the fish and ducks, muddy, rushing water, I just don't know if I can handle that. So, I will leave you with one thought. I love the smell of a running dryer that is venting out in the air. I don't care if it is Bounce, Downey or Purex dryer sheets, I love the smell of them all. This might sound weird, but those of you who like it too, know exactly what I'm talking about.


Plus Equals

2 comments:

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

I KNOW what you are talking about! Sometimes when I am out walking I'll catch a wiff of someone drying their clothes. Happiness. That's why I love candles!

Carrie Selin said...

All these comments about wanting to ride on the left instead of the right. You need to take a trip to London. You'll fit right in there. It took Mom and I a day to figure out why we were always fighting the crowds. They walk like they drive - on the left. So I just think your British ancestry is a little strong when you are biking. I hope you don't have those impulses when you drive the car!