Thursday, February 25, 2010


Wow, already Thursday. I'm sorry for you few fans that look forward to my blog. Okay, not really look forward to it, more like tolerate it for a few laughs once in a while.

My last blog was Tuesday, a cold day, and I must admit I did NOT make it out that day for my ride. I'm mad at myself, because the next day, Wednesday, I said to myself, "Well, no one called and berated me for missing a bike-riding day, so I'm going to miss this day as well". Actually, I didn't really say that, but the day began early and I ended up helping my mom with her hair......oops, mom, is it a secret that you use L'Oreal? If I use it, I would hope everyone knows that you might need to use it too, being that you're 25 years older than me. After that I cleaned the house......another unusual thing for me to do. But I knew that I was having company over on Thursday night for a family dinner. I also have a ward party that is coming up Friday and I am in charge of making sure it goes well. It will be games and finger food, so not much set up, but here's whats going to happen: It will be run as though they are all coming back to school for one night. 4 classes and a recess. They will need to complete all four classes, which include, PE (ping pong), Geography (a seek and find game), Math (a dice game)((family, you all played it tonight)), and Social Studies, but with a twist. We will be asking questions that relate to the studies of socialite things: movies, candy, couples, etc. And then recess will be when they can get their snacks! At the end we will have a small graduating ceremony with diplomas and a class picture. Maybe we can vote on 'class clown, most likely to succeed, most athletic', etc. It should be fun. I imagine that ping pong will go on late into the night. We hopefully can get 2 tables down there. I'll try to take pictures to post. Needless to say, I've been making games and stuff for both parties (I don't want sympathy here, I LOVE IT!!!)

Wednesday evening we went to Glendale, about 45 minutes away to my sisters home to 'SURPRISE" my mom! She has a sister who lives in Maryland that flew in for this and then my oldest sister, flew here from Idaho to surprise her! It was great. A video is listed on my sisters blog page here. Too cute. She was floored! Everyone came over here tonight and I had a few trivia games from her 'birth' year, 'graduating' year, and her home town of Springville, Utah. It was fun. I'm sorry you didn't win any games Mom, everyone should have lost on purpose for you. tsk, tsk to you all. You know who you are. Then we played the dice game. One of our party favorites. We had a yummy dinner of KFC - thank you Aunt Kathleen. Fruit dip, rolls, cake, etc! Good times. We also had Doug's sister Julie come and take family pictures for us. It was a really nice time.
My two sisters have either read my blog or have heard about it and I got a lovely gift from them:



Yes a chapstick on a string! It can be a one handed task now! Thank you Trudy and Carrie! I love it. I might have to take it off for church, but other than that I think it's found it's new home. Why didn't they tell me I was holding it backwards! Maybe because they were shocked at how I was posing?!
Trudy also knew that my Mom wanted this hang-up clothes bag, like for her temple clothing. Mom was shocked once again and very pleased all at the same time. It was great. She said it was a good thing that we did all this 'surprising' stuff this year on her 75th b-day instead of later, say 80 years old, because she might have just keeled over! Funny mom, you're gonna be here for 30 more years. It will be fun to be old together!


This is Carolyn, Katie and my nephew Isaac who just returned
from his mission back east....Fredericksburg, Maryland....actually from where my moms sister lives, yes, the one who flew out here for the party! Cool, huh? He looks good! My girls were jealous that Isaac was getting a little bit of attention.
Silly Katie and Carolyn. Way to pop up Isaac!

No comments: