Friday, February 19, 2010

A little late tonight, but it still counts! I actually went riding this morning. Let me tell you about it. I have two children in Junior High. Starting this morning the school has once again started an early morning run time. Early? That's questionable, but 7:30 for them is an hour earlier than when they have to be ready for the usual bus, AND it does make our family scripture/prayer time a little pressed. As is the custom, we were rushing to be out the door at 7:15am. Both kids are in the running group now, instead of just our youngest son. (I'm thinking my daughter is doing it just to be social: Boys running, good talking time, meeting new friends, yeah, that kind of stuff). However, I think she is probably winded by the first lap or so, therefore, not much socializing is getting done. She is more of a sprinter, than a long distance runner. Anyway, Allan forgets his binder, a necessity for school, and notices it right at the time I am dropping him off at school at 7:27am. I ask what time they end their running and when I would need to be back to meet him to give him his binder. We agree to meet in the back of the school at 8:30. So, I need to ride my bike daily, right?, what do you think I choose to do? Yep, I hook a backpack on me with his binder in tow, and away I go. I'm guessing he was expecting me to drive up in my suburban, because he didn't even notice me until I yell his name at him. And he wasn't in the back of the school as promised, but at the side of the school where buses drop off students! A lot of students. If he'd have stayed in the back, maybe 5 people would have been out there, but near the bus stop there was a larger crowd. Now, I know my looks are not great when I'm riding, I can actually be downright scary. Which is funny.....why do they call mascara mascara? I know I look better with mascara on. Is that what it means? 'A mask to cover up scariness'? Anyway, after yelling his name I could tell he was embarrassed. No, more like mortified. He looked my way and paled. Taking his notebook he left in a hurry. Not too much of a thanks came my way. He didn't even want to give me a kiss goodbye! What's that all about? Next time you forget something Al, get detention. I'm okay with that. Oh, 4.52 miles today!

No comments: