Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sorry no 'Riding Reading' for yesterday. I was being a good Grandma and babysat 4 of the Grandkids!
Who wouldn't skip the bike riding for these guys!
So today, I went out early. I love overcast days. No glare from the canal, no sun in my eyes, and especially, no squinting (crows feet). In all it was a good ride.
I finished another short book, and don't laugh, at least out loud, but it's called Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I loved it. I bought it for Allan and he finished it in about an hour. Really. It is a funny book that has short little 'diary' comments from a young boy. Another fun read. The real book I am reading now is: The Wisdom of Menopause. 608 pages. I found it at Half-Price Books. Two bucks. See, you really didn't want to know that, but I didn't want you all to think I sit around and read silly books. This menopause information is not that exciting, but it needs to be read I guess. So I need other things to lighten up my mind. One more book that I have loved and pick up every now and then: Gifts, True stories of God's love. Kinda like chicken soup books. Our dear Home Teacher gave it to us before he moved and we miss him terribly. I still have yet to finish the Harry Potter books (I'm in book 4). And then I'm in book 7 of the Work and the Glory. I've forgotten half of the characters in each of the series so I might have to go back and reread them. That is not going to happen any time soon. Anyone else out there have good books to tell me about? Send them my way. Have a great day or two.

4 comments:

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

Do you only have grandSONS? No girls yet? I just finished reading "The Glass Castle", which I'm afraid to recommend because of the language, but is one of those books that you can't put down. I got it from the library (I had it on hold for quite awhile) I am now reading "Stand as a Witness" which is the biography of Ardeth Green Kapp, who was General YW President. It is VERY interesting so far, about her life. Let me know if you want to borrow it when I'm done.

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

Me again! I had to look up some books...... Yvonne talked about a book on Sunday, then on Monday Donelle told me about a book she was reading....SAME book, so it must be good! "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson. Also, Donelle told be about "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. I'm #36 on hold at the library, so it must be good! Have you read the "Great and the Terrible" series by Chris Stewart? That is a MUST read! I have the 6 book series.

Carrie Selin said...

Did I already tell you about "The Help"? I gave it 2 thumbs up. I even convinced Doug to read it and he liked it too. Very good book!

DeWitts said...

I was the preview for the movie "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" and it looks pretty cute. I read the book "Hunger Games" and the 1st sequel (forgot the name) but I was hooked and blew through both of them. Can't wait to read the rest when they come out.