Thursday, February 4, 2010

I had friends with me this morning. Jason and Carolyn. We left the house about 8am, so we could leave the little boys with Allan and Shannon before they had to catch the bus for school.

When we started, as you can see, I was in the lead.

I think they were conspiring to 'overtake' me right at this moment.
I don't think they liked me taking pictures of them while we were riding. As you can see in this picture of Jason. I have to give kudo's to him. He was the instigator in getting us out riding together this morning. And that was after he had already gone to the gym! You go, Jas...
When we got to Southern, Carolyn went to the other side of the canal. I'm not sure why. It's not paved. Not really made for comfort riding. Before I do that, I need to buy some 'gel-seat-pads' to on my normal bike seat.
From that time on her bike sounded like it was about to fall apart. She also had a large sized dog, something like a St. Bernard type, chase her for a short while. She seemed to speed up during that time.
Scary!


Here we are near the end of our ride. Now you can see where I ended up in the pack after riding 20 minutes. Hmm. I don't even know if you can see Jason in this picture. He really took off. I believe it was because he too got chased by a dog. More the size of a chihuahua dog.
Too Scary.
I did ride an extra 1/2 mile and my time was 25.89. Not too impressive, but at least I rode! Now I can come home, bake some bread and be able to eat it! It's my mom's recipe. It has oats and molasses in it and it's delicious!! Allan loves it. Oh, Allan had a Track and Field Day yesterday at Brimhall. He got 5.55 in the mile run and for his 800 meter he had 2.48! Good job Allan. They turned out great, thanks for the recipe Mom. Here's my bread!!


1 comment:

Carrie Selin said...

You earned the right to eat as much of that yummy molasses bread as you want. I made some the other day and loved it!