Monday, February 8, 2010


Monday. I have done the deed. As I rode to day, I passed 3 sets of 'couples', each time I struggled to announce my arrival and let them know that I was needing to pass. This was as I went south on the canal road. So, when I got to Southern, I did not turn around and go back up the path and again have to manuver around the 'duo' sets. Instead I went west on Southern and then turned up 41st and finished doing my old route. So, my mileage was down, I think it was just over 3 miles, but at least it's done.

There was no laundry smells today. Bummer.

I finally finished the book, "The Christmas Star". Its a super short book and I started it before Christmas, but with everything that went on during December and January, it sort of got lost in the shuffle of things. And if something gets lost in my room, it is a scary thing.
(Not my room). (But could be)


It was a cute story. I recommend it to anyone needing a quick read. I found it at Deseret Book, but I can't find a picture of it anywhere. I love bookstores. My two favorite are: Bookman's on Country Club Drive and Half Price Books on Southern and Power. I could spend hours and $$ in there every day.

This would be one of my perfect days: the beach and reading.

3 comments:

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

Yikes! You have a strange man in your bedroom. Oh, it's Doug. Bring the "Christmas Star" to the book group, cuz I can't find it at the library.

Jillian Crockett said...

Well then come to Hawaii with you little ol' book and do it!!!!
Love ya!

Carrie Selin said...

You like to read? I read a good one called, "The Help". It was two thumbs up. Maybe a word or two that I woudn't use - but ain't and nothin' won't scare the socks off of me. Anyway, you should read it. Doug and I both liked it.