Monday, February 22, 2010



I love rainy days. I know I've said it before, but I will continue to say it everytime is rains (or even threatens to) or even overcast! I didn't get soaked, just nicely moistured. Maybe like a turkey that gets basted every few hours, but my basting was more like every few minutes. I added a small section of canal today. Instead of stopping at Southern - I crossed over and rode down to the back of WalMart located on Greenfield. I knew with the rain the construction work would NOT be going on and there would be no one there to tell me that I can't ride down on the canal road. There is usually this sign standing in the roadway that says :' CANAL CLOSED TO PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC - SRP PERSONEL ONLY':
(I pay SRP - and I'm a person....does that count?)
But it wasn't up today----maybe the wind blew it down, maybe there was a spasmatic foot that couldn't control itself as it was riding by, maybe there was this out of control car that veered off into the sign......Okay, I don't really know but it wasn't up and I was willing to take a chance and be a rebel! Not really a rebel - maybe defy or revolt, something like that - but it made me feel like one. The sign has been up since January, so I have been tempted ever since I started riding the canal way.


With this new rain the mud bogs next to the canal will be even worse. They still had not dried up from the first huge storm we had, but now they have mold growing in them. Luckily it is winter and we don't have mosquito problems. However, like I've said, there is no room for misjudgement.

Today is my 50th birthday. Crazy, huh? I'm going to be selfish and go shopping. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. Probably a dress, although I don't need one. Maybe shoes. There is one thing I'm getting for sure though. I signed up with an email group called - GROUPON. Every day they send out 'group' specials that if so many people buy this great buy it will be a go. Last November, there was a special for the theater show 'Jeste'z Improv', here in Tempe. It was a great deal, and so I bought them for Christmas gifts. We have been here before and it's family friendly. But it is all improvitational stuff. Pretty funny. Allan loves it. Now, back to my gift: my daughter Carolyn and I saw this GROUPON deal for fake eyelashes. The put in about 35-40 per eye and, I hope look great. It is from a company called Gilbert Bodyworks her in Gilbert. The procedure is called Demi-Diva eyelash extentions. Take a look at their website here. I'm excited. About the only good thing left on this old body is my eyes, except for the crowsfeet thing, and then of course the Grandpa Russell eyelid drooping thing, and then theres the having to wear glasses thing.... well you get the idea. I'm trying to save a little of what I like.
So I'm off for a fun day. A busy week, I'll tell you about it as it happens!
Oh, about a 2 weeks ago, my grandson Kai and I planted some seeds in those beginner plant boxes! Look what happened! I think these are the pumpkins and squash plants! We really don't care what they are, just that they are growning! We'll try to plant them in a couple of weeks. Hint, hint, Doug. We need a fence put up so Toby doesn't dig them up!! Get to work on that!
Sorry it's blurry, but he was too excited to stand still!!