Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Yesterday....... While I wanted to ride my bike yesterday, I didn't plan my time very well. Shannon really wanted her hair cut and she wanted bangs. I get nervous having to cut bangs, so that took me getting my nerve and then it took me a long time. Here she is.:



Having the day off of school and being that there was a 2for1 coupon for the Rennaisance Fair, I decided to take the kids and grandkids, with other adult supervision, to the event. Many years ago, DeWitt Equipment Company, used to be in charge of hooking up all of the electrical, gas and water lines to all of the appliances and buildings, and as a 'perk' we were given a pass to let our family in the Fair every year. We attended it for about 4 years and then the 'Fair city' really grew into is own little town out there and does NOT need our help any more. So, we hadn't been out there for about 10 years or so. It took a little talking into for Allan and Shannon to go, because they wanted to do 'fun' stuff on their day off of school.


It actually turned out fun! For all of us. Yes, it was crowded, but the show we watched was a riot! And the food we got was yummy! In the olden days we couldn't afford much out there and we were grateful for the free stuff to do and watch, but this year we tried one of the turkey legs!
This isn't Allan, but we are going to pretend it was.
These turkey legs are huge and quite messy to eat. If you squint your eyes it could look like an older Allan.....sort of.

They also had a free little kids ride. The same one that was out there ions ago. It is a 'man-pushed' butterfly ride that has been updated a little bit for more safety.




We tried to get everyone in one picture, but this is as good as we got:


Shannon


Katie
Allan



We also let the older guys do this! Carolyns middle boy, wanted to do it with them!
He really enjoyed it!

Today, I did get out and ride my bike. I left at 6:49 and returned at 7:22. It has been a 3 day holiday for my body and so it was hard and I had to ride in 'lower' gears most of the time. Maybe I can hit gear 7 tomorrow. It's my goal. I'll have to shoot for a downhill slope though.
Todays accomplishment 4.55 miles!

1 comment:

Jillian Crockett said...

Wow 4.55 miles!! Mom I am proud of you. The festival looked like bunches of fun! Brooklyn's face in her picture was pretty funny/scary. Love ya!