Thursday, February 18, 2010

I know, I know....I'm a day behind. Yesterday, Wednesday, I had tons of stuff I ended up doing. I've needed an oil change in my car BAD and I was totally out of gasoline. I was a little nervous that I wouldn't even be able to back out of my driveway without doing a putt-putt putter. Did I have enough to get to the QT gas station located only less than a mile away? Should I get my bike ride in and take a gas container and then ride home holding it on the bike bar?

I think I would have felt like this guy!


I would have used my scoot-scoot if it was in working order, but it's not and I couldn't.



Here it sits in my garage. Sad really.


So luckily I decided to chance it and drive - and guess what? Yep, I made it! After I got my gasoline (okay my kids - picture blind woman Audrey Hepburn saying, 'GASOLINE') Yeah, I know you all would be teasing me now for saying gasoline instead of just gas. I then went down to Brown & Brown for my oil change. I've always gone there. I'm not sure why. We, as in the DeWitt family & DeWitt Equipment, have purchase ALL of their last 10+ vehicles from them. Jill bought her little blue car in a different place, so that is why we kicked her out of our home 4 years ago. (jk) I also went to the temple and decided to do baptisms! Oops, I didn't wear waterproof mascara!! Sorry to all of you men down there at the font! Sad once again. (DC, that's only 3 for this month so far....I'm still working on it though!)

Later that afternoon, my dil, Celynda, wanted to come over for some family fun before she had to head home to Henderson. We played a game called, Rapid Recall. I think I recall that being the name. Anyway, it's teams and a player on your team gives you clues to 10 things on this card. If we think we know what that person is discribing, we throw a disc in this bowl and he moves onto the next word. Then, when the full minute is done, we try to remember all 10 things that he discribed and what word we threw the disc in for. It sounds confusing I'm sure, but it was fun. Different than our usual game, 'NERTS'.....or is it NERTZ? Either way, we like it. Katie won. Hmmm.......she didn't even want to have family game time. What's up with that?

We didn't have this shirt to give her, but maybe if we did, she would have been happier playing.
Finally, at 8pm, we, Carolyn, Celynda and I decided to ride. Actually Carolyn decided to run, we 2 would follow behind her. We ended up going 4 and 1/2 miles. My silly chain fell off my bike, well not actually my bike, my bike was under Celyndas body, and I had this squeaky-silver-something about half way through the ride, but luckily, with poking, jabbing, twisting and tweaking I got it back on and finished several minutes after they had gotten home. Carolyn is training for the Trifecta. This is where her team of 12 ladies will be running from Prescott Valley to Phoenix!! All within 12 hours or so. And it is overnight? Crazy? You bet. I'm nervous for her!
So, yes, I did get my ride in yesterday, it's not looking so good tonight. If I do a ride it will just be around the block a few times. Okay, it on. Off I go.

No comments: