Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thursday July 8th

If you'll remember from my old blogs, I was in terrible 'soreness' for several days after returning from Hawaii. I was nearly healed. I could walk up and down our stairs without sitting on my bottom and sliding down, or taking one step at a time, or just forgetting about going downstairs altogether. Well, today was the day we were leaving for Rocky Point. We knew once we parked the RV we were going to want to have our awning out, but we had never put it out before and because Doug wasn't going to be there, I wanted him to go over the procedure with me. We struggled and struggled. While standing on a stool to pull this stuck awning out, I tipped over and my foot and ankle got caught in the stool handle and well, I'll let the photo's speak for themselves:

Bruise on the calf area from the handle on the other side of the stool.
I don't normally cry. As a matter of fact, I think I have cried more for happy moments than for any pain or sadness, but this was a killer. Luckily, only Doug was home to see me cry like a baby. Embarrassing, to say the least. I got the big goose-egg about 30 minutes later, but I had to get to Wal-Mart to finish buying groceries. I rode the cart more than pushed it. And after Wal-Mart I had decided to go to a thrift store and look for a bar-b-que grill. I didn't find one. A waste of energy for my aching ankle.
The drive to Mexico was 4 hours long and we got there about 4:30. Walked the beach hoping to find Celynda and Brians condo - took nealy 3 hours. Ankle now throbbing. Um....maybe I'll have Brian (doctor to be) take a look at it. He found a $2 ankle bandage that I wore most of the time down there. Thanks Brian. It helped about $2 worth!! just kidding
Here is the culprit: A stool that has been in the family a long time. A well loved and well used stool and I thought a pretty sturdy stool.
Two of those thoughts have been removed from that list.
The victim holding little Brook. Sitting of course. The only picture of me in Mexico. First day of vacation. Off.

1 comment:

Carrie Selin said...

You definitely have mismatched feet and ankles right now. I'd classify that as a really good oopsie. Hope it heals up soon. Sore legs and a bum ankle are not too good for fun vacation activities.