Thursday, July 15, 2010

Friday July 9th

Aahhh....to hear the ocean waves all night is great! I could get used to this for sure. Katie, Jason and I slept in the RV last night. There was probably plenty of room for us at the condo, but I actually like the bed in the RV. (Carolyn and Jeff....maybe you can attest to it's comfort). We had set up the awning (we, being Jason and Katie mostly) I was more of the voice of warning....don't stand on the ladder like that, go backwards more, lift the leg thingy up higher, etc. Remember, by default (de fall, if you wish), I was the pro on setting up the awning. So, I get up first and decide to fix some hashbrowns and eggs. I grated the potatoes and tried to start the stove. I knew that the gas line was probably 'airy' so I tried several times. Jason got out of bed to help me start it, no luck for him either. Katie is now up. Jas and I go out and check the level of propane and it seems to be full. We check back behind the oven area to see if we can figure anything out and we can find nothing wrong. Our 'neighbor' Mike sees us out of his window and comes over to check on us, telling us that we look 'lost'. We explain this is the first time we are out here without Doug and that we weren't quite sure what we needed to do to turn on the propane. Mike looks around, tells Jason to hit the valve with something - a stick is what we found - just in case it's stuck, again no luck. Katie had pointed out this little button near the door but when she pushed it it started beeping and I said to turn it off and Mike told us that it was just the gas detection alert. Hmmm. So, we skip breakfast. Eventually Brian comes to pick us up and we go to the condo all day. A few pictures:
Before braids During









After: And I know all of you out there are saying right now.....
she is the cutest grandbaby with braided hair. She only fussed a
few times as Maria was doing her hair. Then her mommy got
her hair done too. I skipped the beach hairdo this year.






Fun on the beach.









And in the ocean. Katie & Shannon in the floating chair.
Jason, Brian and Lukas just waiting around.

Brian, Jason and Allan throwing things at the girls.
Ho, hum. They weren't fazed at all.
Brookie gets a turn in the chair now that her hair is done.
She loved her hairdo. I could be on vacation any day with these cute kids!!
More coming tomorrow! Adios mi amigos y familia.

3 comments:

DeWitts said...

That's so cute of her upside down!! We had such a great time!

trudy said...

What cute pictures. Can you do my hair like that when I come visit next?

DeWitts said...

Going through old blogs today (by the way - on the post with the videos i wish you would have taken some footage of when i was actually doing alright on the skim board). Anyway, i saw a picture in this post that had me thinking the caption should have said "It's both...It's both...It's both...". Anybody who was there should get it.