Friday, July 23, 2010

Game Night Wednesday - July 21

I love, love, love puzzles, but with having kids and grandkids, I haven't had much of an opportunity these past 20 years to do them as nearly as much as I'd like. I still have my collection of puzzles, probably 20 or more out in the garage and after we cleaned the garage last Saturday I am now craving a puzzle party. I can handle a loner party too, if need be. I now have an empty bedroom upstairs - at least until Kevin comes home- that has been suggested to change into a toy room for the little ones. Um...I'm thinking......NO! It's a perfect puzzle room. It has a lock on the door, pretty good lighting and a fairly large window that gets good afternoon sunlight. I will need to get a good card table and few good stools to stay in there, but, yeah, that's what I'm using it for. So now my dilemma....do I do an old puzzle that I've already done or do I take a chance to find good puzzles at the thrift stores and hope they have all their pieces. I'll give that a few days thought: at least until I have my table and stools set up.
I also have this ridiculous love and need for playing games. As you all know I have an addiction to thrift store shopping. I have a Goodwill less than 1 mile (possibly only 1/2 mile) away. I love it. However, I think I find better things, not necessarily clothes, at Deseret Industries. And usually for less money. That is with the exception of $Dollar Day Thursday at Goodwill. Games are particularly a good find at DI. When you can buy a game for $2 or $3 then you don't feel so bad if you play it once or twice, find out that you don't care for it or that it might be missing essential items and then you have to donate it back again in your next bag for pickup at the end of your driveway in the next months donations drive. On Tuesday I had signed up to work at our Bishops Storehouse and after my shift I drove right by DI, or nearly by, and decided to check it out. I found several cute shirts for the girls and then found the game and puzzle section. OH MY GOODNESS!!!. I was so excited that I texted (?) my family and let them know that we needed a game night before Brian and Celynda had to head back home and before Carolyn and Jeff left on their trip. Wednesday night worked for us all and here are the games we played:

Kind of like a Where's Waldo - but funner. Or more fun. Hmm. $2.

In Talkin' Tango, you and your partner try to make sentences using only one word from each player at a time. The others players try to guess what you two are describing. $3.

$1.50. Yep, 6 quarters. This one has a bazillion cards with categories on each side and you have to go around the circle and everyone has to give an answer related to the category. If you duplicate or can't think of one, you lose a point. Fun also.

1.50, again. Deseret Industries.
These 3 are from Goodwill and respectively: $3.99, $2.99 and .99 cents.
We didn't get to the last game because of time but I found three more and I will be taking them up to Snowflake to try them out. So far all the games we've played are keepers. Anyone out there that's up for a game night - just let us know. We'll always be ready and willing.

During the game night, I don't even know how it started, but Katie and Jason were at the end of the table trying to do horse lip noises. Here's a few pictures of us all trying it. Brian struggled and then Celynda got the laughs so bad she couldn't do it any more. I think we finally got one good picture of them doing it together.



Jason by far was the winner. Allan and Brian tied for second place.
Little Brook wanted to get a laugh too.

1 comment:

Jillian Crockett said...

Jason won by a land slide!!! I am now thinking he might be part horse! Hahaha! So funny!