Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday July 12

Uh, oh. It's been over a week. I'm forgetting what we've done, but pictures make the blog anyway. All I know is that Katie and Jason had to head home last night (Sunday) for work and volleyball training. Katie has a full scholarship this year for her spot on the team, so she doesn't want to take a chance and miss a practice. Her coach doesn't take too lightly to 'slackers'. So here were our Monday pictures.

Okay, now that I downloaded some pictures I remembered a few fun things we did. Early in the morning we went out to the 'pools' of water from the tide being out - and it was way out and we found a few things:
Doug- an octopus
Becky - a seahorse
Shannon - two starfishes (?) and a sand dollar! What a hall!

Because we were not by the condo we found a milk jug and cut off the top to store our finds so we could show Luke and Brook when we went to their place later. We have never seen a seahorse at Rocky Point before, so that was cool. We had seen an octopus that someone had caught once and was taking home for his own fishtank. Shame on him! We wanted to show the little kids and then let them help us release them, so no shame on us. Octopus - top leftish, Seahorse top middleish, and the sand dollar is on the bottom and I'm hoping you can find the two starfish on your own. We used the shell to help us scoop them out of the bucket to hold, so we aren't keeping that , but this year we found some really pretty yellow ones. Crazy gorgeous.

Before we released them we needed a few pictures! Also, the boys had fun on the beach with digging deep holes, then sitting in them and being covered with sand. They paid too much attention to his 'package' We actually had to censor one of the processes. You all know what I mean..... Brian was involved. Need I say more?


Brookie too!! But then she got thirsty....
I tried to get a good picture of Lukas, but he had a hard time holding his eyes open, so the last time I asked for a picture here is what happened.... It was much funnier in real life.....
One final rinse off. This pelican came and landed so close to us, I know this doesn't look like it was close, but it was. Last time at the ocean before we left.....
Adios Rocky Point! We'll be back soon.
Oh, wait, I have to tell you about releasing the octopus: I struggled to take it out of the jug, but wanted to let Lukas hold it to let it go. I finally scooped it out with this shell and as I brought it up it was squirting water at us and it just went over the side of the shell into the water and then it actually did the little ink squirt thing!! Three times!! We lost it right away in the water, and of course I wasn't taping it, dang, but it was the funniest thing. We girls were all screaming.

No comments: