Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Yesterday, as you know, it was overcast! My favorite, favorite time to ride! I love it! Here is what it looked like as I rode east on Broadway:
Doesn't it just want to make up curl up with a book and blanket on a large front porch in a super soft rocking chair? And have snacks and drinks just sitting next to you all day long?

Like this one! I love it. Now for the books I'd read.........

Anything by Nicholas Sparks or some from John Grisham - maybe a funny one by Mary Ellen Edmonds and of course my annual favorite read, "The Miracle of Miss Willie", by Alma Yates.

My drinking choices would be, hot chocolate in the morning time (and then again in the evening), ice water and strawberry lemonade! Snacks would be, pretzels, chips and salsa from Ole's (out of business now) or Gecko Grill, or Rosa's. Yum. Also, chips and dips and bite size Mounds candy bars. And a midgies tootsie roll for later. Okay, back to my ride...I ended up riding 5.01 miles! I went E. on Broadway, N. on 41st, E. on Main, N. on Greenfield to University, W. on University until Val Vista, S. on Val V until I reached Dragoon, E. on Dragoon, N. on 39th, E. on Clovis and then home. It was a sweet ride. On my way I saw two things to share:

What is this? It was out in front of a home on University. I can't figure out what it really is. Could they be selling them? There was no price tags or signs anywhere that I could see. Maybe they are just decorations welcoming any visitors that be coming to their home today. Maybe it's their childs birthday and they found lanterns instead of balloons. Or they were on sale after the Chinese New Years celebration and so thats what they wanted to us. I don't know.
And then I saw this: It is in the parking lot of Albertson's located on Val Vista and University. I was confused, because this is what we see everyday outside of our dining, kitchen and living room windows:
I'm not sure which one I dislike more.

No comments: