Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wow, my ride today was 6.33!!!!! I can't believe it. It was a great day though! Well, not as great as yesterday! Cloudy and rainy, my #1 kind of day. I headed east on Broadway and rode until Higley, south until Southern, west until 41st, and then I hit my old route - Flower, Maple, Farmdale, Gilmore, 37th, Dewberry, Dragoon, 37th (again), Clovis, Maple and back down Dewberry!! I loved it. I'm not looking forward to summer riding however. I'm a little nervous. I guess I'll start my 'swimming' training of the triathlon then instead of riding. Here were my 'neat' finds of today:

Yep. Jack. He was laying in the gutter. A mild black scar on his face - but he looks great on my Suburban already. He loves his new home.

A flower among rocks and every kind of cactus known to man.
As most of you know, I am not, repeat not, a cacti person. I dislike, abhor you might say, (only because we are not allowed to say 'hate' in our home) cactus. Now, if I were lost out in the desert and I happened to need to get nutrition from one, I would not hesitate to do so. Or if I needed shade while we waited to get rescued then I would also enjoy the use, limited use, of the cactus that I would stand by, but other than those 2 things, I keep my distance from them all.
Who can't love this!!?? And, of course, I found a heart......
Right in front of the bishops house. A cute little leaf.
Okay, this last part is for you mom....A few weeks ago, I put the Crocus plant that you gave me out on our barbque, thinking that it was done blooming....well....with all the rain, look what happened.......

2 more blooms! and it looks like a 3rd is still going to open up! Fun! With my 'failured' blooms from last years plant (the count was zero), this one is paying back several times for that. For anyone who is wondering - our garden is growing like crazy. Stop by sometime and check it out!

No comments: