Friday, March 12, 2010

Oopsie....I didn't ride yesterday. My plan was to go shopping at Goodwill. On Thursday's it is Dollar Day. Certain colored tags are only $1.00. My day was planned and I was excited. However, I didn't make it. Instead I went to Costco to have some pictures printed to send to Kevin. When I send my emails I can only attach 3 pictures, so, at the most, he gets to see about 9 or so, and that's only if I send 3 short messages with pic's attached. Then of course, while I waited to have them printed up I did some shopping. I love Costco shopping. I splurged and bought a new phone for the kitchen. It is a cordless phone. I fought for years NOT to have a cordless phone because of the 'misplaced' handsets, but we will give it a try. It came with 2 other handsets, one that will go into the family room downstairs, and the other into Doug's music room, also downstairs. Hopefully, (ha ha), we will always have a phone in the upstairs kitchen. Otherwise we will have to go racing down the hall to our bedroom. Hm. I'm not a pretty runner.

Today's ride took me south on Val Vista and then west on Southern. I had ridden there once before and was amazed at how many trees lined the North side of Southern. So that was my quest today: to see how many trees there were from Lindsay back to Pueblo. 4.37 miles was the total today. So does anyone want to guess? I actually did not start counting trees until I reached Los Alamos road which is just a block or two east of Lindsay. Okay, the answer is 163! Crazy! It was fun, but I had to take my IPod out so I wouldn't lose count - if and when I would start singing or humming along to my favorites, which happen to be lately, "Forrest Gump Suite", and the theme song from "Ever After". LOVE THEM! Very relaxing to ride too. Now if I'm wanting to really push myself, I have to listen to something else, but lately I'm into just enjoying my ride.
An interesting sight that I saw today:
Aren't they supposed to be doing this ?:
Well, I know it was early but not this early:
Also, a couple more hearts today:
A glove
and along the bottom of a brick fence:
and stretch you imagination on this one:It's really like 2 or 3 hearts holding hands.

No comments: