Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's late. I rode this morning 4.69 miles. My theory, as I set out to ride, was to go on major roads and if I came to a red light I would turn to my right. If I came up the the light and it was green, I would proceed right through it. Hoping I wouldn't end up in downtown Phoenix or in Apache Junction, I did limit myself to how far was too far. So I set out north on Val Vista came to a red light at Main, meaning I turned right (east) and rode, rode rode.
Oh, here is a sweet bus stop - - a clock and everything!
There is no 1/2 mile light on main between Val Vista and Greenfield, so I knew I had a full mile ride to the next 'directional' signal. I get to the light, and dang, it's green. I know my ride is still heading east. There is a half-way light between Greenfield and Higley right where Superstition Farmers Market is. I had my sights set on that and luckily, it was red, so I turned south and headed for Broadway. When I got there, I turned right to start heading back home. (There is not a 'directional' signal there either, so I knew I could turn to the west).
While I was riding down Greenfield I came to this:
I'm not sure what their hobby is,
but here is a 'loner' john out behind this shed. 4 - in one backyard.
Yeah! The light at Greenfield was green! I knew I wouldn't pass another light so I was home free. It was a nice ride, not my usual routine, so it kept me looking out for neat things......like this cactus, who looks like it has not had a very good life:

I kinda feel sorry for it. I can't really tell what went wrong, but it didn't grow up right.
Now, speaking about plants, I have to show you all what Doug did while I had my 'crazy' busy week last week:




Yep, there he is!! Doug with his pretty pots!
We're trying to get our garden planted, but this GREAT rain keeps making us push it back. So, Doug put his green thumb to use and repotted our front walkway pots. Take care everyone.

No comments: