Wednesday, March 10, 2010





I have made a great mistake in raising my kids, and it has affected my girls mostly. I usually 'ban' the making of bacon during the week because it makes our clothing smell and apparently our hair. You can always tell when someone has had a certain kind of food in their home that day. And I challenge you to remember smells that you have smelt on people and their clothing as they have walked by you in the stores, schools, meetings, etc. Today I said I was going to cook some sausage and pancakes. My oldest daughter came around the corner of the kitchen wearing 'protection' on her hair. Now, I don't remember sausage smelling on people, but it was hilarious, so we all jumped in on her worry. Here we are looking at the culprit
and here, we are not worried because we are protected.

This is why my kids look forward to having General Conference. We treat ourselves to scones. Basically, fry bread with butter, honey and/or powdered sugar. But the smell of deep fry oil is very powerful, so we only get to eat them on days we won't be going out or won't be having visitors in. Then we have to have our favorite candle from Gold Canyon burning most of the day. (thanks Susie for the candles). We prefer Sugar Cookies or Birthday Cake candles. Mmmm......

Today my ride was only 4.14. A nice quiet ride. I went down into Sunland Village homes and then accross the canal into our neighborhood. Not much traffic nor people. It was great.
I did notice I was going to need these more and not so much these:

No comments: