Thursday, January 28, 2010



On. Off. My ride is done. I went this morning with Jason. He was mostly in front of me the whole way. Except for this one time when he almost got cremated by a 13 passenger van. He was riding on the sidewalk, going the way of the traffic, and a van came from behind him and turned into a driveway making Jason slam on his brakes and he had to jump off to not get hit. When I turned around (I heard his squeaky brakes), his bike was on the ground and all I could see was bike tires. Then I saw his two feet walking over to the bike and stand it up. He then talked to the driver. I'm not sure what the said, but by looking at Jason, he was smiling. I'm sure his adrenalin was pumping after that. Anyway, we only went the three mile ride, which was okay with me today. It was another great overcast, slightly rainy day. No rain on our ride however, just the benefits.

I couldn't find my chapstick this morning and I was bummed so I had to bring along this:

CoverGirl wetslicks fruit spritzers.

Now, I didn't bring this for looks, which is what I normally use it for, but today it had to suffice for my non-drying-out lip cover. So, any of you out there who might have seen me, I must have been a sight with my unmakeuped face, my wild bedhead hair and my lovely attire of workout clothes. But I did have my lipstick on!

One observance today. Speedbumps. When we go my 3 mile route, we pass over 9 speedhumps. I have learned the secret in going over these nuisances: start way over on one side of the road and as you get to the bump, go up and with a slight turn to the other side of the road, go down. This takes away the bump on the bumside. Or at least it makes it softer. Either way, I hate them
.

No comments: