Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday morning. I realized I haven't updated my mundane life since Thursday and since I have such a strong following, I must appologize. You all must be sitting on pins and needles waiting to see what is coming next. I have to tell you, that I made it. Yep, one full week of riding. Most of my rides being conducted in the misty sprinkles of last weeks rain and only some of it ending up on my backside. (As shown in a previous post). Friday was a good day to ride. It was not sprinkling, but had the cloud cover and so it was not too cold which was a good thing because as soon as I hit the end of my road I realized I had forgotten my trusty, warm gloves. They are the inexpensive variety that you find for $1 at WalMart, but they do their job. So, being only 5 house away, I wondered if I should turn around and grab them. But knowing myself all too well, I would have made it back home to retrieve them and probably would have called it my ride for the day. So, I rode on. I worried for the first 1/2 mile - when I have reached my 1/2 mark, I still have time to turn back to my home without too much of a problem, but after I make that first major turn south, there is no return without doing the whole 3 miles. I felt my fingers at the crucial 1/2 point and yes, I could still feel them. It was going to be okay. I finished my ride and didn't have to soak them in water to defrost them or anything like that!! It was a great ride.
My usual riding attire, along with my sweat coat and pants.
Sometimes I wear two hats because I can't stand my ears getting cold! And my neck, if I don't have my scarf, I suffer also. And with more neck to cover now (old age setting in) I have to wear my sweet, sweet scarf. I know I wouldn't have finished my ride had my lovely ear warmer thingamajig got left at home. We'll have to wait and see what the summer brings in my accessory choices. Thanks Susie for reading my blog. You're a great neighbor.

No comments: