Saturday, January 16, 2010


On Thursday I asked/made Allan ride a bike with me in the morning before he had to go to school. He complained as much as possible -up to and near my 'button' moment - when he know's I would have gotten too mad at him to make him go - but, no luck that morning for Allan, too bad. I did however, tell him I wouldn't make him go the three miles that I usually go. Baby Allan. (And I can actually call him that because he is the baby of the fam.) As we rode, I was hoping I could do my usual route without him really questioning where to go, but at every turn he would ask, "Do you normally go this way? I'm not going the whole 3 miles you know." So, I had to make a few adjustments along the way and we ended going 2.2 miles. After Allan found out he had gone that far, I think he was, first of all impressed, and then second, a little insided excited. He now could to to school and tell his coach and anyone else who would listen, that he rode his bike 2.2 miles in about 20 minutes. All kids like to tell someone about an accomplishment, and luckily Allan has someone who somewhat cares for 'training' activities. Coach Nissen, you rock. The thing I found funny though was as we rode around the neighborhood, I don't think I saw him sit down on th bike seat more than 2 times the whole ride. What's that all about? Do I have any guys out there reading this that want to make a comment? Is it a guy thing, or just an Allan thing? Are there bike seats out there that are better for the young mens anatomical physique? Let me know as soon as you can, because I liked riding with Allan and I don't want to lose him as a partner because of an uncomfortableness in sitting while riding. Thanks for any opinions that you might leave.

3 comments:

DeWitts said...

All I know is that I've done a few spin classes at the gym and I definately couldn't stand for 20 minutes - and I don't have boy anatomy but by bottom still gets sore from those scrawny seats. Good luck!

Rachel said...

Hey Becky...I have to confess that I spy on your blog every now and then :) We have a blog too but it's private. Let me know if you want an invite...I don't think I have your email address. Mine is rlee 782001 at yahoo dot come (all put together :)

Rachel Richardson

evans said...

I rode quite a bit one summer. But I don't think that there is anything in particular that would cause him to no sit while riding. Maybe he just had a sore bum. I suppose if his seat is really bad it might be a little smart after a short ride. Or maybe he needs to stand to get enough leverage on the pedals??? He would probably be able to tell you best.