Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I just got off the phone with my far-away, and tremendously-missed daughter. Aloha, Jill. But she mentioned that she had checked my blog 2 or 3 times today and there wasn't an update. So, I have turned off (actually, I'm recording it) SuperNanny. I love Jo Frost. There is nothing better to tell me that, yeah, I was a mean parent in discipling my kids, but look at the 8 great people I have because of it! (Okay, the jury is still out on my last 2, but stay tuned). So, I went for my ride today and it was fairly easy and Carolyn thinks I am coming home faster than usual, so I think I will bump up my mileage to 4 miles! Carolyn went on some webpage and mapped out a four mile ride for me. It will give me a change of scenery. Yeah!! I have been getting bored with my old 'pedaling' grounds.
A few things about my ride today.......I forgot my chapstick. Now, I don't really care what brand it is, so I shouldn't say ChapStick, but that is what I currently have, and will use the name until I purchase another kind. That was almost a deal breaker today. I mentioned earlier about my gloves being left behind and almost turning back, but this forgetting my chapstick was almost too great. I hate chapped lips. And I especially hate dry, pleading for moisture lips. And, since I don't take water to drink on my rides, I need this little item in my pocket. It will never happen again. Also, today I noticed that I am going to have to start bringing one more item....sunglasses. It really hasn't been too bad before this, but today I could have used them. I did remember to bring my IPod. However, a funny thing....my daughter KT needed to 'read' the Book of Mormon before she could receive her YW recognition medallion. Jonathan, downloaded them onto my IPod for her to listen to as she drove to and from school each day. (Listening on an IPod was acceptable by her YW leaders). So, as I ride and listen to songs, occasionally something will come on it like this:

(Women's voice) "Alma Chapter 28 - The Lamanites are defeated in a tremendous battle - Tens of thousands are slain - The wicked are consigned to a state of endless woe: the righteous attain a never-ending happiness.
And now it came to pass.......

It's about this time that I finally get my IPod out of my pocket and figure out how to change it to a song. But then I think, should I feel guilty about not listening to the scriptures as I ride? No, no I will not feel guilty. I find it very difficult to get a rhythm with scriptures as my background 'music'. Give me my Michael, Karen, Steely Dan, Shania, Taylor, Uncle Kracker, Stevie....anyone who sings. I'm sorry lds.org-download-lady-that-reads-the-scriptures.

2 comments:

Jillian Crockett said...

Momasita-
Thank you for the post. I think I need to call more often and just guilt you and Carolyn into it more! I am glad I am not the only one who feels guilty for not listening to scriptures while exercising. I did the same thing on my VERY occasional run- I would switch of the scriptures off in a hurry. So thank you for taking away my guilt after all this time! Love you! Off. (don't know the joke but I wanted in)

DeWitts said...

Not sure if there's many shows I like better than SuperNanny. I think it makes me feel better to see other people's kids being maniacs. And I love how Jo just lays it down for the parents. Sweet!