Monday, January 25, 2010

Okay, now for my exciting Saturday activities. I have a neighbor named Noel. He is wheelchair-bound and was in an all day powerchair soccer tournament. I had never seen one, so I went to one of his games and can I tell you I was amazed at the ability of the players! The expertise it must take to manuver their chairs into position to score goals, to send their ball a certain angle, or a certain distance! It was totally facsinating! Thanks for inviting me Noel! While I was there at the ASU campus watching the game, someone turned to me and said I looked familiar and asked what my name was, I told them and nothing seemed to click for her, so I asked her her name and she told me Anna Turjillo. Hello, Cortez High fellow classmate! (I should have thought to tell her my maiden name, but I've been married so long, most everyone I run into know me by my kids activities or within my church callings). So, hello, Anna. We had a great time talking about all of our 'run-into's' with people from our class. I'm going to have to pull out my yearbook now, because she remembered several people I have forgotten about and visa-versa. It's funny how hanging out within your own group makes you a bit forgetful of others: ie: sports players, druggies (we had a lot, it was the 70's), artsy groups, science smarties, cheer/pom and then just the rest of us nobodys.

Run Colts, run for victory, win for the black and white.
Take Cortez up to the top, come on ye Colts and FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT.
Though we play it fair and square, our team will do or die.
So fight, to win that score team, on Colts for Cortez High! (or something like that).

I know you were all wondering about our school fight song.
Okay the second thing I did was to watch Shannon in her first Mesa Club volleyball tournament. They played a total of 3 games. The lost the first game to a 15-16 year old team, but not by much. The first game was 29-27! It was a close match and the girls did well together. The second team they played was their age level and they won that one. Their 3 match was kind of a sad game. The other team domanated them, mostly in serves. Yeah, when a girl can get up and serve 9 straight points, its a little depressing. They lost that match, but, it had been a long day and they, along with us parents, were tired.

1 comment:

evans said...

I'm surprised that you remember the fight song. Only 2 corrections. Now they have changed the "ye Colts" to "you Colts". Also I think it's "fight to raise that score". Still very impressive though.