Tuesday, August 31, 2010

sad life of my phone....

I have had my phone just barely over 1 month now. (July 21,2010 blog). I was just getting used to the buttons: how to take pictures, how to text fast, how to silent it with only having to push two buttons, how to speed dial using my voice, how to text properly using capital letters and symbols where need be, how to have favorites, how to have lists of names for a single text to all at the same time, how to play a game, etc. That has all come to a very sad ending. Saturday our ward had a swim party at a public pool. Being that is was raining and lightning, we knew that we probably wouldn't be swimming, but after about 20 minutes of waiting the weather cleared up and in everyone went. I had said earlier to Doug that I wasn't swimming because we were waiting to hear from Allan who was waiting at home to hear from the East Valley Children's Theater, where he just tried out earlier to join their Improv Troupe. He was told they would contact him that evening to let him know if he had made the team so of course he didn't want to go to the swim party. I also told Doug that I was putting my phone in my back pocket of my swim shorts and to remind me if I decided to go in to take it out. Yes, I can tell your jumping to the end of my story, and yes I did go in. Not for a couple of minutes and not until I realized the phone was still in my pocket, but for at LEAST 30 minutes! Not until I was drying off with a towel did I remember (and feel) the bulge in my back pocket. I think everyone in the pool place heard me scream....man I was so mad at myself. Okay, so a guy there told me to hurry and take out the battery, let it dry overnight, blow it with a hair dryer, whatever ,to let it dry and possibly fix itself. Sunday morning before church I put the battery back in a wha-la, it turned on! The front home screen actually showed up AND I could dial numbers- but when I opened the flip part there was no life there. The screen if anything showed up was staticy, cloudy and you couldn't change it to any of the other operations. It has died. To replace it will cost about $100 dollars. I'm not sure I can do that just yet. Maybe I should wait for the swimming season to be over.

1 comment:

Salsa Mama said...

You know, Mandy has gotten her cell phone completely wet like that twice now, and both times she saved it by putting it in a big ziploc bag with a couple oxygen packets. Maybe that will save yours...