Saturday, August 21, 2010

Jonathan....

I had a few comments on my last blog about my great purchase! I was just as stunned as anyone to see the 80 percent! I always wondered if someone really got the highest percent off. I was questioned by my sister why I needed a 'body-double'? If she remembers- I mentioned in my blog, I love Project Runway and I would love to sew something with my own touches to it, not just follow a pattern. Here on my bedroom wall I've had a few things from magazines that I love and would like to make. Especially the black and white dress, of course, with sleeves added. That is why I need a body-double. And because it was only $42!!!!! Score! On!!!!!
So today, Saturday, I had to attend Defensive Driving School. 7:15am until 1pm. I was 'photo-ed' speeding. Yep, I did it. It was okay, the teacher, Instructor BOB, was sorta humorous. But it must be hard to try to think of jokes when the class is showing videos of crashes/death/drunks/etc.

Oh, wait, I need to say something about my SIL Jonathan. I had a rather strange thing on my phone when I woke up Friday morning. It was a call from Jill's phone at 2:38am. Of course I missed it. Did they think I'd be by my phone at that time, or even AWAKE? So I returned the call around 10am our time, 7am their time and it went straight to her answer machine. Now, as a mom, I'm thinking, 'Oh, No', she was in trouble and tried to call and tell me she loved me or needed my advice on what to do in the situation she was in, whatever, and she can't answer now because she is hurt or, you know, worse. About an hour later she calls back and lets me know that Jonathan had pushed the dial button as they went to bed the night before and she just hung it up, leaving no message. Hello? That is a mistake Jonathan. Leave me a message next time. "Whoops, sorry". "Love ya". "Wish you were here". Again, whatever. Last night they called and probably talked to me about 45 minutes. I was getting tired. But thanks for the call guys. And yes, I miss you BOTH terribly and I will try to get to your, Jonathan, graduation. Love Ya! (Was this a good blog Jack?)


Tonight we went to our friend KH's 40th surprise b-day. It was very nice. Here's what I made for her gift.... I took four or five suckers wrapped them together into flowers and I used my Cricut Machine and vinyl paper for the words! It was fun and she loved it!

1 comment:

Carrie Selin said...

Well I must be from the wrong side of the tracks because I have no idea what Project Runway is. We still operate using free airwaves. So you can fill me in sometime.