Monday, August 23, 2010

Fracture.....hearts

I've heard it too many times, so I'm assuming that I've never put it into my blog, but WAY BACK in July I hurt my ankle standing on a stool. July 8th to be exact. However, our vacation was starting that day, I figured it was just a bad sprain - there really wouldn't be anything a doctor could do about it, so I lived with it. July 24th weekend comes and we went to our usual July 24th celebration place, Snowflake. Doug's brother, Alan, Dr. Alan, takes me down to his office - xrays my foot - fractured ankle. And a very bad sprain. In a way I was relieved. I didn't really want any sympathy, but it hurt like the dickens and now I know it was more than a sprain. So, since it had been over 2 weeks he told us the healing had already begun and he suggested I wear this 'sock' thing (I know I've mentioned it before) for 6 weeks. I have, with the exception a few hours here and there.

Amazingly it has helped greatly. It keeps me from twisting or 'rolling' my ankle to the side (something I have done all my life - check out the soles of my shoes next time you're here). So there, it is now in the blog: fractured ankle.

Okay, now for the more fun stuff: 3 hearts -

After removing a choco-chip cookie from the cookie sheet.

A piece of paper in our yard after the rainstorm.

And this last one has a little story. Clear back on July 27th, I had made Jason a lunch sack 'breakfast in bed' for his birthday. A package of oatmeal, granola bar, stuff? and a cinnamon roll. I didn't want the roll to be smushed so I put it in one of my good containers with this note:
Friday, August 20th it was returned to me. Is it washed out? No. Did he apologize for it not being so? No. But wait, what I did notice was this......look in the lower right-hand corner...........Another view........Now, I'd like to say the reason that it WASN'T washed out was because he had seen this 'heart' of frosting and he was saving it to show it to me. But since a word was NOT spoken about it, I'm just gonna hafta say he was a lazy bum who didn't wash out my bowl. I will have to give him the credit for this heart picture, but it is with hesitation that I do so. I might take all of the credit.

No comments: