Thursday, August 5, 2010

Alright....I've been pretty bummed about this silly 'photobucket'.com box out in the middle of my blog and so I haven't done any writing. I am still working on re-doing my background, I'm just a dunce when it comes to figuring some things out and then I am a scardy cat in case I do something that will erase or delete stuff. So, bare with the box for a few days more.

Since my last post I have done a few things. 2 more puzzles. (and we are now working on a puzzle that does NOT have a picture to go with it) - (an explanation....I bought this box at DI

expecting to get THAT puzzle - oh, no- tricky DI......there were 4 ziploc bags with different puzzles in there. Luckily the bottom of the dice box was a lid to one of the bagged puzzles, Dentist Delight, so we got that one done, then there was only a paper copy of the castle puzzle (forgot to take a picture of that one done) and now we are working on one of the last two -NON-KNOWN - puzzles. We have figured out it looks like a leapord/jaguar/or some large cat type thing sitting up in a tree. All I can say about that one so far, is that the edges are done.

We finally got around to tiling Carolyn's extended laundry room. If you'll remember, Carolyn brought up the idea of expansion, Doug and I just followed up with that. It turned out really well. Someday I might add a picture with it in. On Friday I took Allan in to the dentist thinking he had a cavity to fill because of a toothache he'd been having for a few days. SURPRISE! He needs his wisdom teeth out - especially this one that is causing all the pressure on his lower jaw line. He is only 13. Now all of my other boys have had their wisdom teeth out too, but usually not until their senior year of high school or right before their mission time. This is crazy and even Dr. Gass (yess - that iss hiss real name! Check it out - Chandler, Arizona). And yes, I did add those extra esses on purpose). So, tomorrow morning he will be getting out all 4 wisdom teeth. School starts in 5 days. Oh well, he'll have this whole weekend to recover.

Okay, this was funny to me and Allan, but I'm sure you had to be here to laugh out loud with us. I had just watched this movie called 'Fallen' with Denzel Washington. Allan happened to catch the last, oddest, part of the movie with me and I pushed 'pause' and sorta filled him in on what the movie had been about (bad spirit (the devil?) possessing bodies to try and kill Denzel). After it was over we went to the kitchen for a snack and he grabbed one of those small cups of applesause along with a spoon. Oh, I forgot to add from the movie, that this spirit can move from one body to another just by being touched: a handshake; pat on the back; etc. So Allan and I were doing this touching thing - oh, I touched you last, you have the spirit - back and forth. He got up on the edge of the couch and sorta came down with his spoon like a javalin trying to touch me and of course, being a good blocker, blocked him and his applesause went all over the living room floor. (That's not the funny part, although we did laugh). After he cleaned up the mess, yes Brian, He cleaned up the mess, he came into the puzzle room and we were talking about it and he said, " Yeah, I was spooning you", I said, " you were spooning me?" and I broke out laughing. He's going, 'what, what?'. I had to explain what spooning meant to me. And then he was kinda embarrassed but was laughing too. It was funny. Yeah, like I told you, you had to be here. More updates later. Safe spooning picture.

3 comments:

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

Ok, after Allan gets his wisdom teeth out, you HAVE to watch a video on You-tube. Maybe you've seen it. "David after Dentist". Good luck, Allan. I hope you have a good recovery.

Shirl and Bill said...

Love the new layout. Now that you're such a pro we'll have to work on mine.....yikes!!!

Carrie Selin said...

I'm with you. Our front porch could be better. But there are some houses in the area with very nice and functional porches.