Friday, August 20, 2010

My amazing buy....

I have been out of commision for the past little while. I have just reached my 6 weeks of having a fractured ankle and while I have worn my 'sock' most of the time, I must say that lately it has come off often. During the past 4 days I have tried , stupidly, to do manuvers that I shouldn't be doing. Once Katie came home from school and pulled in the driveway next to the car that I was in. I didn't know she had seen me, so I hid behind the truck to jump out and scare her and of course didn't scare her, but hurt my foot by trying the jumping thing. A day or two later, Shannon was trying to tell us how she had been jump serving at her volleyball practice and KT was giving her a hard time and so I went to show how I was understanding her ....... step-step-throw-jump-hit .... and I again stupidly jumped and re'hurt' my foot. Dumb is all I can say. So the boot/sock is back on my foot and will stay there until Sunday church time when I will take it off for 3 hours and then put it back on again.

Okay, I was starting to tell you about my amazing my buy....

I haven't been to my Thursday Dollar Day at Goodwill for several weeks. I'm kinda in a depressive state. I need to buy stuff. It's that simple. So one day, sitting in the 'loo' I noticed that Doug had gone through the mail and threw away a JoAnn's ad without me looking at it. Shame on him. I always look through the ad, usually saving it the whole sale time and then throughing it away without even using it. However I noticed on the back of the booklet was one of those extra coupons - a scratch off one: it having a chance of 40, 50 and up to 80 percent off. Realizing that anyone only ever gets the 30 or occasionally the 40 percent, I decided to scratch it off hoping for maybe the 50 percent. Only having a pen in the 'loo', I scratched and can you believe it?!!! It was the 80!! I got so excited and nearly scratched it too hard. . So I took off to JoAnn's first thing this morning. Reading the fine print very carefully, I knew there were a few things that I would not be able to buy, so I wandered in the store trying to figure out what I could buy and nearly settling on a $25 book, when what should appear in my sight - ? - ! but a dress form. Now, in the fine print it says nothing from the sewing department could be bought, but would a dress form really be considered from that department? I realize that it is sitting right here in the sewing department, but I wasn't sure. My pits started to sweat. I was scared to ask anyone for fear of hearing the answer 'NO', so I took a chance. And what do you know? The coupon scanned beautifully! I now have a body double! Crazy fun!!!I am a fan of Project Runway, by the way....
So, do you want to see the receipt and check out my savings? I know you do..... YES!!!!! $175.00 OFF!!! Also the Simplicity Patterns were all $1!!! What an amazing buy! I'm so excited!! I will hopefully be sewing soon. My craft room is so darn hot during the day, but we'll see.

4 comments:

Salsa Mama said...

Oh my gosh!! You lucky duck!!! I wondered if anyone really got the 80% off coupons. So glad it was you, and what a great purchase!

Shirl and Bill said...

WHERE'S MY JOANN ADD!!

Carrie Selin said...

How'd you manage that? Mine was the 40% that you get every week anyway. My question is this: Why would you want a body double? Just wondering.

Lckevan said...

I only got the 50 percent!! You are so lucky! Nice buy!