Thursday, September 2, 2010

My sister left a blog about what she did at her lunchtime one day. It involved some dry ice and looked like a fun time. I was impressed. This is normally where I am at lunchtime..... But today, despite being tired, here is where I was today... Last Friday, our daughter Carolyn and son Allan were involved in a 5k run at Higley High School. For being a participant he was given a tee-shirt, toothbrush, and a 'Fuzz' drink, which by the way was not good. As we were leaving some guys came up to us and handed us these two bleacher seat cushions. Um, yah, we don't belong to Higley High, but we'll take anything for free. All of the printing on these things were very sticky. If we were to sit on them I'm sure my bum would have been stuck to it! Or the lettering would have stuck to my pants material. So, I decided to cover them with some Mesa High colors. Played with the design for just the right look....I had to snip the very hard corners off and the extra rigid handle
Wah-la the finished product. I know my mom and sisters are probably surprised that I actually know how to sew. I have another sister is a whiz at power tools, which by the way, I don't go near because of a little accident I had where I left part of my left pointer finger on the saw blade. I leave any sawing needs to the hubby.
I meant to add this yesterday and ran out of time. I hope you all come back and see it....

4 comments:

Shirl and Bill said...

You actually did it! I'mm impressed.
Nice

Carrie Selin said...

Nice. Nice. I never heard about the finger incident and I'm glad you didn't share the details today. The seat cushions look nice. Better be careful or you'll have order for them.

The Gardner Gang said...

No wonder they were giving those away for free. Although with sticky lettering attaching itself to your rear, that's one less thing you'll need to carry in your arms to and from the bleachers.

DeWitts said...

I'm so glad I have a mom and m-i-l that are good at sewing. My next project is new bedspreads for us and the kids. I think I'm gonna rip off this adorable Dr. Seuss quilt from potter barn. So I'll need some help. Tell you all about it while we're painting.