Thursday, August 12, 2010

Aahh....yesterday. What a great day it was. 6:30 am Family time. 6:45am Doug leaves for work and takes Shannon on his way. Perfect. 6:50am Katie leaves for volleyball training. Her school doesn't officially start until August 25th, but vb training has to start early (did it ever stop?), to be ready for the season to begin. 8:27am Allan leaves for the bus stop. Quietness. Real quietness. So, I begin my day. I have had a stack of unread/or at least scanned magazines that have been piling by my bed. I got through 9 of them yesterday. And I mean I looked at every page, wrote down websites I want to visit, tore out new recipes I want to try (won't happen. Or maybe I'll make it happen just so I'll have something to share with you all), coupons cut out, cute crafts I might make and dresses or outfits that sometime I would like to make. Wow, I sound like I'm going to be so busy. Some day. I stayed in my pj's until 3pm - right up until the Allan came home from school. Sadly, Doug and Katie caught me in my jami's. Oops. Also yesterday, I wrote, or I should say 'rewrote' words to 3 songs. We, Doug and I, are involved in our ward's roadshow. We have lived here in this home for 12 1/2 years and we have NEVER had roadshows in our Stake before. We are excited. Shannon and Allan will be our only kids who will get to participate in this experience. When I was a youngster, we had a roadshow and then a dance festival rotating every other year. I thoroughly enjoyed them all.

1975 Looks like we got a bit sunburned.

Doug and I were engaged here and able to teach for the dance festival that year. March? 1979. We were in 36th Ward in Phoenix, AZ. at the time. Looking back on all these pictures, I realize that we made all of our own dresses!
Shannon didn't get home from school and then practice until 6pm. She was gone 11 hours to school! Homework, Mutual, chore (chortle), school supplies from WalMart at 10pm. Busy has started.
P.S. I threw in the picture of the little girl in mismatched jami's because that is what I wear. I don't even know if my kids know what a set of pajama's are - oh, wait.....Jill gave me a darling set that have somehow made it into Shannon's wardrobe. Actually only the bottoms are what she wears, I still have the top in my stuff. But my stylistic towards pj's are as follows: what feels comfy. End of discussion.

3 comments:

Shirl and Bill said...

I loved those old roadshows. We sewed ALOT of dresses and enjoyed every minute of them.. I'll be glad your roadshow.....

Carrie Selin said...

I'm pretty sure I made all 3 of the shiny dresses - correct me if I'm wrong. I frequently am. But those were the days!

DeWitts said...

Much too quiet. Sounds like you need some wild grandkids to take care of.