Thursday, May 13, 2010

Yesterday, my last child -Allan, entered 'teenagehood'. I couldn't be happier. I look at like another step towards completing my motherhood degree. Now, I know I will never NOT be a mom, but as my kids get older, and we (Doug and I) too, I see them as parents in their own families, as a newlywed young lady learning to get along with another whom she didn't grow up with, as a young man delving into the adult world by purchasing a home, as another young man away from home doing work which he has grown to love, as a young women attending college just so she can play volleyball and who has recently gotten her own job, and NOW, as my last two step into the awkward, silly, teenage years, I know that they can hold their own. I don't trust them to 'hold down the fort' without someone else around, but I know they could if it came to that. I see that they are all good children. I see that, with the help of other family members, neighbors, school teachers, church leaders and especially friends, they have come to realize that they are wonderful too. That they have a loving Heavenly Father. That they are blessed with health, wealth (okay, only somewhat on this point), happiness, silliness and especially love. Really who could ask for more.

I am working on my hubby's computer, so I don't have many pictures of Allan to add to this, actually there are only three. I will add them all. You are lucky....if I were working on my computer there would have been SO many to chose from, you might have been here all night looking at the ones I would attach. Thank your lucky stars.....

Goofing with Kevin, Seriousness with Katie, the shirts we wore when
Jason come off of his mission to Canada.

1 comment:

Jillian Crockett said...

This may have brought a tear to my eyes,but I can't be sure. Love you Mom and you are the one who taught me to do so!