Sunday, May 9, 2010

Also, this blog is for Kevin.....
Allan watched this youtube video called, ' The Wolfman'. (Sorry Elder Kevin, it's not missionary approved). Anyway, one of the favorite lines is given by this slightly 'crossed-eye' guy and he says: 'Hello Father, what happened to my brother?". I guess it's a spoof of the prodigal son. So, here is Allan - that Shannon captured on her camera, saying that line.......it's only about 5 seconds long, but it's too funny!


Okay, now here is the 'In 'n Out' Dream that Carolyn told you about.......(the missionary is serving in some Spanish place apparently)....

I have dreamed a dream. And in my dream I walked amongst a sea of tiendas and restaurantes. And I did cast my eyes about, and did behold a light which did beacon me unto it. And I did approach the light, and I beheld that it was in truth, a sign unto me, and I did read the words, and they did read "In -N-Out".

And it came to pass that I did enter the "In-N-Out" and did find a form of nourishment which was beautiful to behold, even to the exceeding of that of all other nourishment which I had heretofore beheld. And I did reach forth my hand, and did partake of the Double Double. And it did fill my stomach with inexplicable joy. And I did behold that it did consist of two all-beef patties, which had never been frozen, and of two slices of cheese, which were melted and did cover the patties of never been frozeness. And it did also contain lettuce, which did exceed the crispness of all other lettuce I had eaten until this moment,. And it did have tomatoes, which were firm and of a perfect texture. And it did contain a savory and delicious sauce, of which I had never before found in any other form of nourishment, and I shall name it 'spread'.

And as my stomach delighted in the joy it had found, I did cast my eyes about, and beheld a cardboard carton almost the size of the hand of a man. And within the carton was a certain amount of salted and thinly sliced fried potatoes. And it did have melted cheese and more spread being mingled with grilled onions. And I heard a voice in my head which did say, 'Eat the animal-style fries". And I did partake of the animal-style fries and they were indeed delicious, but not to exceed the deliciousness of the Double Double.

And once I had eaten the top layer of fries, I found myself in wanting more of cheese and spread and grilled onions. But I beheld that in front of me was a chocolate shake which I perceived was from real ice cream. And once I did sip of the shake and did dip my fries and therein partake, my joy was restored to me. And I did also have a medium root beer, and it did have ice. And as I was thus endeavoring to indulge of the wealth of nourishment before me, I beheld that I was not alone in my endeavors, but was surrounded by the closest of friends. And we did have a night of laughter and telling stories, quoting lines from all those movies that we love, it still brings a smile to my face. And we did sing songs together, and did rock out with instruments of air one with another. And our love and friendship was strengthened, and behold, my joy was full."

There you go, Elder Kevin....enjoy!

1 comment:

Dave & Susie Crandell said...

I love it! And I love In-N-Out! Cheeseburger - animal style, YUM!