Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sorry to report this but, I didn't ride yesterday - I had to take Shannon to school quite early to return her 'baby'. A computerized baby doll that she 'babysat' over the weekend to earn extra credit for her Life Science class. It was an eye-opener for sure. And because it has a computer chip in it and then a wristband hooked on Shannon with a sensor, she wasn't allowed to be further than 50 feet away or something to that effect. So, we had a great time at church on Sunday. The baby did well for about 40 minutes. Um, then it cried. Now, Shannon sings in our choir and they happened to be singing this week, so after she had taken the baby out, I had to go to quickly find her and get the 'babe' and take care of it while the choir sang. I kinda felt dumb rocking a plastic/computer baby. I will be attaching a video in my next blog that happens to show this doll for a second, so take a look at it there.
Later we had our DeWitt Family Home Evening at our home. We try to have them every month and usually we meet at Gene Autrey Park in north Mesa, but as it gets warmer, we move indoors and to a pool area.
Today's ride was to my SIL'S (sister-in-laws) home. She needed to take her baby, Zander (short for Alexander) to a doctors appointment at 8am, but her little girl, Isabelle, would still be sleeping, so this was a perfect time to get my ride done. It was a 2.17 ride each way, so does that make it 4.34? And the weather was great this morning. I think it was only 75 degrees or so. Now, I need to get KT out of bed and take her to get khaki pants for work. Yes, I said work. She got a job. It's official now. Sports Authority. She needs to buy khaki Pants. Today is her first day from 5pm-10pm. We might just have to go buy something tonight from her department. Ladies Wear.

No comments: