Monday, May 3, 2010

Last week.......

Oopsy.....a full week. Last week 2 days were devoted to staying near the homefront because of some unforseen tummy problems. I didn't want to wander too far from the loo. So then, when I could get out, I did. Luckily it was $1 day at Goodwill. You know how much I love $1 day. I look forward to it each week. Last $1 I found several pieces of material, 1 pair of shoes, a couple of candle holders, a candy dish and more. Shannon is wearing one of the cute $1 I found - a short jersey type jacket - in a lovely shade of grey. Or is it gray? I don't know. But, however you spell it, it sure is cute! I'll try to get a picture of it in here later. So, I missed several days of riding. And today when I went to ride.....I could tell. The fatigue in my legs just at the end of the block was crazy! Of course I rode on though. I couldn't just go to the end of my block and back again - that would be embarrassing, 0.12 miles. My front bike tire was low and so that was my goal today. To get to a gas station and use the air. My first gas station was about 1 mile away but the air machine needed a quarter to use, so I went to the next one, 1/2 mile away, again coins needed, 3 this time. I decided that if I'd already made it 1 1/2 miles on my flat I would just go back home. To compensate for the low front tire, I sat way on the back of my seat. I know, your thinking, there's not much seat to begin with, how could she sit on the back of her seat.......it was difficult. And uncomfortable. Also, I tried to not put too much weight on my handlebars, by going 'no-hands' for a good portion of the way. Yeah, it did look funny. But I made it home. Until tomorrow......me.

Oh, a few hearts I found this week.....actually, I'm giving credit to Katie for two of them. One is a scab on her knee and one she saw this morning as we were reading scriptures and it was the sunlight coming through our kitchen window onto our living room wall.

An upside down picture - but definitely a heart!
This was a leaf Shannon had found in Snowflake one trip and it has now dried and is very fragile. I finally framed it, sadly, cracking it on one side.

No comments: