Thursday, May 27, 2010

My ride yesterday was 3.39miles. I went early again, but not as early as Tuesday. I actually left my hubby home cooking breakfast for the family (he does this often) while I went. He was not too happy that I was leaving. He likes to have company when he is in the kitchen. I don't know why. Maybe it's to see his amazing skills as he flips a pan of hashbrowns from the skillet into the air and only losing a few of them on the floor. Or it might be how he designs his pancakes into shapes that the kids love. We've had Mickey Mouse, Ninja Turtles, letters, numbers - you name it (within reason) and he's probably tried it. When our kids have their birthdays, we've always done 'breakfast in bed'. Here is where another of Doug's talents lie. Depending on how old they are, Doug tries to design, arrange, or manipulate the food to show the age of that person. It could be a piece of toast cut as the numbers. Maybe just the placement of the food on the plate. Or the pancake shaped in the number: (mind you, this is a challenge if you have to do it backwards - 6's, 9's, 5's, okay, most of them need to be planned out). Sometimes he has cut fruit - like a pineapple - into a number. He's very creative. He would probably enjoy being a chef. We love him being our chef. Sorry Food Network, you can't have him. At least not till all the kids have moved out.

Today is $1 day at Goodwill!! Excitement!!! What will I find today? I hope good stuff. I don't need stuff, but the find makes it all worthwhile. I'll have to share tomorrow if I get a bargain. I'm sure I won't get my regular 'exercise' today. I'll try to walk up and down every aisle at the Goodwill store. Maybe I'll hit two stores today. Can I get 1 or 2 miles in? I'll try to find my pedometer to keep good track.
Okay, this next video doesn't have anything to do with my post but they are mostly for Jill and Jonathan...to keep them involved as much as possible. Thanks guys for living sovfar away that I have an excuse to post silly family video's. Yeah, Brian and Celynda too. Okay, Elder Kev too if he's allowed to look once in a while.
I think this was Carolyn spinning and supposedly knocking Jason over. It looks a little like a 'fake' basketball foul. A lot like a 'Laker's' type thing. Jonathan might recognize it. Allan and Shannon then try their luck at spinning too.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Ouch! Comments like that could end up costing you a loyal blog follower. Consider yourself officially on probation.

becky d said...

I'll consider myself on probation until the Suns win this basketball thing they are involved in with the Lakers.