Thursday, April 1, 2010

8.96 MILES!!

To my dear friend Susie - Please get better soon. I'm sure you won't see this until your out of the hospital, but we are thinking about you and hoping you recover fast! We love you!

Okay, it's a record for me. 8.96 miles! I hope I don't feel the after-math of it tomorrow. Carolyn was the instigator of this lovely ride - and I really do mean that literally. We rode down to/and around Freestone Park. Guadalupe and Lindsay area. And after all of that riding I only got one picture, but it's pretty cool. I had never seen one until today.
A drinking fountain with a doggie one on the side! Is that so cool?

Well, I thought it was. So that is what I'm sharing with you today.

Alright, I have to share one more thing with you all. My oldest daughter belongs to a grocery/coupon site that is called 'The Grocery Game'. It helps you match up what is on sale at certain stores to the coupons you should have if you get the Sunday and Wednesday papers. She took a LOT of time getting a list and coupons all together and ready for us and then for FHE we went to Frys. She had 5 lists with the coupons matching that list and marked the amount we were suposed to buy and off we went - 5 shopping carts going 5 seperate ways.



We, Carolyn, Doug, Me, Allan, Katie and Shannon all went, but KT and Shan wanted to shop together. We did really well and in about an hour we were all together again and in line. I was so excited to see how we did. Now, don't jump the gun and think that we got it all for free.......we didn't even come close to that, but here is what the receipt says: all 6feet - 8 inches of it:


I guess I should have been talking so it wasn't so boring, but you could just replay it and hum some grocery store music during it. 56% savings?! She did good. 194 items for $312! What does that amount to? - all of you math smarties out there? Less than $2 an item for sure. Anyway, it was fun. Here's some pictures of the receipt with a few of it's friends.......

2 comments:

Jillian Crockett said...

Wow!! I need to start coupon clipping! Now why was so much food needed??

Jillian Crockett said...

Oh and when are you posting a picture of your new hair??!!