Monday, April 5, 2010

Another good ride

I spent all day in my jamies yesterday - from 9:30 on Saturday night until 8am Monday morning - 35 straight hours! Wait a minute, is that gross?

Today my daughter had a sore throat. Okay, she told me she had it yesterday too, but I must have forgotten. I do have a recollection of her asking for the salt shaker and then hearing gargling sounds and a few clearing/scratchy type noises coming from Shan during the day. But being a mom, I knew what was coming.......'mom, I'm too sick for school. I need to stay home. blah, blah, blah. Nothing like that happened. She didn't even want to stay home. What??? She really must be sick. I told her to take some sore throat medicine and just put some lozenges in her notebook to take through-out the day. Well, we didn't have any lozenges (I love that word) and so I told her that I would drive her to school today, passing right by a Walgreen's, and that we could stop and buy some sore throat lozenges for her. Driving there we saw 2 helicopters 'hovering' right above the area we would be driving by. When we reached the Walgreen's we saw that they were right above the freeway there at Greenfield Ave. (more on this later). I stop by my Moms to see her newly painted back room and loved it. She lives directly across the street from Brimhall Junior High. I don't know if she likes it or not. Traffic, but controlled traffic.

So for my bike ride today I ended up riding 8.21 miles. If some of you read my last blog (or maybe it was 2 ago), I had ridden a great distance with my oldest daughter. While riding with her, actually I more like straggling behind her, I thought I spotted a 'heart' in a tree. Because I was behind already, I didn't stop to look and make sure I thought it was picture worthy. AND it has been on my mind all weekend. So, that's where I went today:

South on Val Vista - 3.28 miles
West on Juniper - .31 mile (u-turned back) I had to check the tree out! Look

Yep! There's a heart in there!

East on Juniper - .31mile
North on Val Vista - 2.8 miles (east bound traffic backed up from Greenfield - I took a detour coming home to go see the accident on the freeway)
East on Hampton - .38 mile
South on 39th - .26 miles
Looked at the accident for a while
North on 39th /a maze of streets/passing by Johnson Elementary - 1.72
That should equal to 8.21 miles. So here are a few of the pictures I snapped today:

A tree to ride under and a heart (what?) flower bush. Yeah, you see it too.






This is the reason the helicopters were out this morning. It looks as though a gravel truck flipped over. It's being turned right-side up by the diesel truck.

No comments: