Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Egg Bash

Almost a week has gone by. I'm sorry bicycle. I know you have missed me. Today I managed to ride. A short ride, but here is one of the reasons why:
Snot. I don't understand it. I wake up in the mornings seemingly clear and within a few minutes I have snot dripping. So, I go to blow my nose and hello - I'm blowing for a good 3 minutes!! Where does all of this snot come from? I don't get it. Does it generate itself so fast, just as fast as I can blow some out, that it is really a never-ending river, pool, or ocean? And when we are NOT sick, do we have snot - but it just knows where to stay until we are sick? I swear I've used 2 boxes of kleenex and 3 rolls of toilet paper. And do you see all those little balls of used tissue in the picture??? Yep, they're here at my house too. I was discussing this snot issue with my sister, Carrie, and she hopes that Brian might be able to answer these questions for me. Oh, Jill, that is who I was talking to about your blog. No worries. SO, I had to end my ride sooner than I would have, but I was grateful just to get out of the house today.
However, even though I've been sick, I have had to carry on with everyday family life.
Every year, for the past 5 years or so, we have had a family Egg Bash. It normally happens within a day or two of Easter, but this year we postponed for a week. The huge amount of pictures I am about to add will really mean nothing much to most of you. Enjoy if you will.










Okay this needs explaining - Lukas saw candy in the tree and Grandpa decided to let him climb up on his back to reach it. This is Luke falling face first to the ground because he lost his footing. He was okay.



Now that we've finished our egg find we can finally do our Egg Bash.... You'll never guess who wins.....Stay tuned
.


Brooklyn didn't ever really get the whole rolling bit. She more like pushed it and wouldn't always let go. So whoever rolled against her, usually had to wait to see if she was going to let to of it so they could roll their egg. And who wins it? Yep, Brook. A 2yr old. I got to be in this picture because I won the 2nd game we played with the Gardner Clan. She's calling her Dad to let him know that she won!!!

After the 'immediate' family one, the Gardners showed up and we had a great time with a few more games - one being the giant Twister!




Luke with a lot of patience.


Sorry I missed it, but this is Brook and Kai in the final round of egg bash. Brookie won!!


Calling daddy Brian.

1 comment:

DeWitts said...

I can't believe I missed my family doing so well in the bash this year! Don't worry, mom. I have just the place to prominantly hang the plaque. We're not ashamed. Oh and in one of your pictures, I honestly had to sit and look at it for awhile before I realized it was Brookie. I was wondering, "Who is that red-headed girl they invited to hunt eggs?" Ha! Love ya!