Saturday, August 6, 2011

I wish I had pictures to share with you this morning (of the new baby)- but I have forgotten my cameras battery back home in Mesa. Bummer. I am in Henderson, Nevada with Brian and Celynda and their kids. They just had their 3 baby and she is darling and they have named her Roxy Belle. She has a little bit of Lukas in her forehead/eyebrow area, but definitely more of Brook below that. Of course we can't tell what the eye color will be, but if they turn brown, that will be more like Lukas also. Here are some older pictures.....
Allan came over here with me and the kids are loving it! And we've been lucky to have Brian around a little bit more than usual too, which has been fun for us all. Brian is now doing rotations - in surgery. On his first day he got to jump in and help resuscitate a woman who was on the operating table - succeeded! Yeah!!! And he has been able to 'scrub up' and hand the clamps and 'tools' to the doctors! I think he is enjoying it. I'm not sure this is where he will 'specialize' but at least he is finding it interesting. He likes to come home and tell us what he got to do that day. Allan and I took Brook and Luke to the $1 movie theater yesterday where we watched 'Rio'. It was a pretty cute movie and kept them both mesmerized the whole way through. Celynda had warned me that the theater was not in the best of neighborhoods and guess what? She was right. As we pulled into the parking lot a police officer was questioning a guy. By the time we walked up to the ticket counter, he was shoving his face onto the hood of the car and frisking him; yelling at him pretty loud telling him he was getting arrested for jaywalking. I'm sure there was more to it than that, but it was pretty intense for a while. We had to be outside by them (probably about only 10 feet away) for about 3 minutes while waiting to get our tickets. It was entertaining, but I could have done without it. Luckily the kids said nothing about it and probably don't even remember it.
Congratulations to my darling daughter Katie who got engaged last night! I can't wait to give her a hug and then one to her betrothed, Brandon Overstreet. I hear the date is November 18th, so save that date! We love you both!! See you on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Shirl and Bill said...

Wow. Katie engaged. How exciting......