Saturday, August 20, 2011

Birthday/Anniversary wall.......

Many of you have seen my birthday/anniversary 'calendar', if you want to call it that, here on my living room wall. I love it. I'm not sure exactly where I might have seen something similar but I came up with the idea a few years ago and went to a 'late-night' scrapbook night (stays open till 11pm or something crazy like that) at our local scrapbook store with my sister-in-law, Julie. While others, meaning everyone else, were making their 12x12 scrapbook pages, I was doing these little 4x6 monthly frames. Believe or not, they were challenging! When I first finished the project, I think I had my at least 4 grandkids, but when I decided to have their pictures underneath there were 5 by then.
Today, a few years later, we have an updated wall:
Same angled view:

and a straight-on view!
I love it as much today as I did when I first made it. As you notice with the holes in the wall, I've had to move the pictures down because of the month of May and July. I think next time I rearrange the pictures will go on top!